Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8270 intermitant problem

hi guys we have 14 lanes 8270 with 5 board chassis and the problem i have with about 5 of them is every now and again in either a spot or respot cycle the sweep will stay down. press cycle and the sweep goes up/back down and the cycle repeats. any ideas on the cause. another problem i have is 2 lanes will occasionally freeze and if you turn it off at main switch on b/end and back on it will continue it's cycle. help needed as more and more are starting to do these things.

Re: 8270 intermitant problem

Are you using the original 5 boards or Omega Teks?
    Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

memory board could be the problem.....they are more trouble then they are a worth.
      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Check to see if your sweep contactor is energized when this happens. If it is you have burnt upper contacts. This happens to me with my 30's.

Comment

yes still using the original 5 boards. and would the memory board affect it this way as it happens during game

Comment

Have you changed chassis or boards with other machines? Does the problem follow the chassis/boards, or does it stay with the same machine?

Where exactly is the sweep stopping and is it always the same?

You said pressing cycle makes the sweep start up. Does pressing the zero/stepper button also make it start?

The offspot switch or cable could also cause this sort of problem.

Where is the table when the sweep stops?

Andrew.

Comment

Kiwi, kick them original 5 boards to the curb! :p
              Cheers

Comment

ASAP! Get the Omega Teks! They will save ya some hair... :p

Comment

get the omega teks. i wish but we dont make alot of money and im slowly convincing the owners to get them one by one. the sweep stops at the guard position while the table goes back to 355 and sometimes both go up like normal but the sweep then drops straight back down. sometimes on a spot cycle the sweep will drop press cycle it goes back up, drops and clears the deck, puts a new set down. pressing the stepper doesnt make it move i also would like to know if i can clip those 5 wires and remove the aux board, will it affect anything as we have a few lanes that start in 2nd cycle and that problem does move with the chassis

Comment

You can remove the AUX board w/o any problems. I cut them out in every chassis I work on. Best to cut the wires where they are connected to the motherboard, remove it and chuck it in the can... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The AUX board just allows the machine to complete its cycle if you power it off mid-cycle. But there are only a few points in the cycle that would actually not complete if there was no AUX board (I think just while the sweep is in between 186 and 270 - i.e. running forwards after sweeping the deck). It certainly does not affect the machine while its running (unless of course the AUX board is faulty).

The AUX board does not affect 1st/2nd cycle state. If you have machines starting in 2nd cycle state, then it's most likely the 3 board. If, however, you have machines cycling by themselves when they are powered up, then it's probably an AUX board problem.

By all means, if your worried about removing the AUX boards, then do a temporary test by unplugging the AUX terminals and taping them up. Test that for a few weeks to make sure your happy with the idea.

If you go to Omega teks, you won't need the AUX board either (the Omega tek has its own timer memory).

As for your sweep problems, I still need to know if you tried moving the chassis to another machine, and whether you tried moving the boards to another chassis. You need to do both, so that you can elminate machine vs chassis vs boards.

Andrew.

Comment

ill move those chassis and boards to one end and let you know. so thats my first problem but what about the other where the sweep comes down like normal but then everything freezes, turn the machine off and back on and the cycle will continue. any ideas on that,

Comment

8270kiwi, your second problem sounds like a bad Table contactor, when it does it again just check if the Table contactor is pulled in, before you turn it off and on. If it's pulled in, than the contacts are not mating.
                          willey.
                          always doing my best.

Comment

no aux board. and i checked this morning. machine will continue its cycle when sweep is from 186-270. i tried to get it stuck from many positions. hehe

Comment

Coors,

You have an Omega-tek, which won't get stuck at all - I just meant the 5-board setup (cos that's what 8270-kiwi has).

Nice pic. What sort of contactors are those - obviously solid-state, but where did you get them and are they any good?

Cheers,
                              Andrew.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X