Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter pads

What kind of stater pads do some of you folks, like me who are blessed with kicker wheels use?
    Thanks
    Pat

Re: Starter pads

The old stock gray AMF's... I don't think we've worn out more than 1 or 2 in the 15 years I've been at the bowl... As long as they're kept in place so they don't slip off the plate, they last about forever.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

When I replace I stay with AMF.

Comment

AMF is the best. The newer ones do tend to wear out a little faster than their original ones from what I've noticed, but rubber is the way to go. Urethane is just too hard and unforgiving.

Comment

Yep, we use AMF's also. Can't knock em, they work for us.
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Just like everyone said...AMF gray ones....anything else is just to stiff and hard.Especially the urethane ones.

Comment

Ditto with all the above answers.

Comment

same here, we have a mix of the original AMF black and grey ones, no complaints here, got 50 spares and use about 4 a year between cups and ball return systems
                Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Wow, I've never seen starter pads used in spotting cups before.
                  I'll throw in the standard procedure for the starter pad that's about had it - cut a notch about 3/8 to 1/2" above the end of the pad, so as to correspond with the tab that bends in at the bottom of the bracket. Put the pad back in and pull it down to catch the tab in the notch and it'll be good to go for several more months at least.

Comment

We do something similar to that... we have 2 holes in the bracket where it contacts the side of the starter pad... we use #8 sheet metal screws run into the 'meat' of the pad to keep it from sliding up out of the bracket.
                    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X