Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter cam link

My shifter cam links have a point 1/2 way on the curve. The ones I've seen on other 8270s don't have one. What is the purpose of said point and can I grind it off?

Re: Shifter cam link

Is it causing a problem?
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

this must affect the opening and closing of the cells.not sure of this point. is it sticking down and touching the cam follower and as Kat says causing a problem.!

Comment

I recently noticed the same thing. Changed one out because of it, and found the new one had the same thing, I have noticed no ill effects as of yet.

Comment

If your shifter is hitting the the cam follower on your spot lever assy #070-002-578 the problem is not the shifter link. You will need to replace the spot lever(the "Y" shaped thing with the two cam followers).

Comment

I can't think of a functional purpose for that point.

Perhaps it's just an artefact of the manufacturing process.

The link is cast (ours are at least), and then the cam follower surface must be made smooth. I notice that the point is created where two curves of different radii intersect.

The design seemingly requires different curve radii for the two halves of the cam follower surface, so perhaps they just didn't bother smoothing off the point where the two curves meet (it would cost more if they did).

Andrew.

Comment

The high spot of the cam is supposed to be there although I can't tell you the reason for it. My guess is that it has something to do with getting the RSC's to open quickly on a X-cycle but not to "slam" open.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X