Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What might cause this

One of my machines is having an odd problem.

This machine will not cycle at all. For diagnostic purposes I removed the Omega Tek board and put in a set of five boards. I wanted to see what the lights on the one board were doing. Guess what? No lights, not even the bin switch. The table can be run from the TA switch. The sweep will run from the sweep run switch on the BE control box, however will not run to zero degrees after passing 270 degrees and will not run at all from the SA switch. Lastly, I can't get the machine to change from second to first ball cycles.

I switched chassis with another machine and the problem didn't move. Turning off the scoring ysstem didn't do anything either. Is this a cam switch problem? An idea of where to start would be nice.
    To err is human but to really mess things up requires a college student.

Re: What might cause this

Check the OOR switch and circuit and make sure nothing is grounded.

Wang

Comment

I am assuming the pit lite is on! NO lights on the PC-1 at all? It might be a PC-1 with optocouplers instead of neon bulbs. Sounds like it might be in instructomat. Do you guys still have the managers control (original Frame-O-Meters) hooked up? Might want to make sure some smart arse hasn't put the switch in instructomat up front! Also take a look in the A&MC box too for a problem... Lettuce no..
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Instro would be my first thought too, however, I am not fimilar with the actual 5 boards, every SS I had was Omeg-tek fited with the boards long gone.

Comment

sorry double post (was at the proshop....ssssllllloooowwww computer)

Comment

Not sure about Instructomat, either... usually the contactors will chatter and spark like crazy if you run the sweep while in Instructomat.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Did you try a new CB on the rear control box? No #1 board lights or flickering lights is usually the CB.
              &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
              Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Old managers control has been disconnected. The desk dummies liked to play with the switches. Also night security liked to come in and bowl, not a good idea with the scoring system turned off and the table cable unplugged. Will try replacing the breaker and see what happens.
                To err is human but to really mess things up requires a college student.

Comment

Ck the C-1 plug make sure you dont have any burnt or loose connections. or perhaps a cracked block I had c-1 block crack and gave me the problem you were discribing took me a day to figure c-1 was at fault..if the oor was at fault you would still see lights in the board the os light would be lit up. if the omega logic card was at fault the machine would run normal..
                  DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

You didn't mention if your backend was coming on or not. If you have a masking unit switch I would try there.

Comment

Any grounding of the managers control loop will result in instructomat. Check every plug, including the A&amp;MC for possible grounding. Also, if the managers control boxes were disconnected, see if anf of the wires, is still running into the back overhead, could be cut or grounded. If disconnected at the A&amp;MC boxes, disregard. If disconnected at the 8-lane distribution boxes, check the wires from there to the A&amp;MC boxes also.

Comment

Music Man, AmfPinboy has got it, no low voltage means the CB on the back panel has gone, a common problem.
                        willey.
                        always doing my best.

Comment

Its probally the CB but you can also try an A&amp;MC jumper at the machine to eliminate any grounded wires from the old managers control. That CB will cause some funky problems.

Comment

For your main problem, my moneys on a short in the shadow ball circuit. The easiest solution to isolate a ground from instruct-o-mat is to pull the little grey wire (and tape it off) from the T2 transformer. This takes a few seconds and will remove any doubt that the machine is in shadow.

Two other things (off the top of my head) that might cause some of your problems is the circuit breaker in the mechanics control box and the normally open contacts of the SA switch.

Triac

Comment

Are the ball/cycle lights working?

By the sounds of it, the manager control circuit is working because you have contactor power. The question is have you got board power supply.

I assume the CB contacts are actually working - they cut power to the manager control circuit on our machines (but there may be variations to this - I have a wiring diagram that shows it in the 110V T1 primary circuit). You'll know just by switching the CB on and off - you'll hear the M relays clicking.

Faulty wiring going to the CB (in the BE control box) can cause the -150VDC supply to fail, meaning the board would have power (and you'll have ball lights), but you won't have any input to the machine (so no cycle, no cycle step, no SA sweep run, etc). You would still have SWS sweep run, and TA1 table run (because they do not go through the boards). This sounds like your problem, but this would only affect the 5-board setup, not the omega-tek.

Is there any difference in symptoms at all between the omega-tek and the 5-board?

When you swapped chassis, did you keep everything in the chassis, or did you put some stuff back in the original machine (boards, relays, etc) - I just want to double-check that this is a machine fault and not something in the chassis.

Andrew.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X