Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under lane Sure- pic ball lift

When lane 26 is turned on at ether the manager's station or in back , the ball lift dosent run. It will run when lane 25 is turned on or the auxilary switch is turned on. I changed both of the low voltage relays and the high voltage relaywith no change. I'm stumpped here. Am I missing something obvious here.
    Thank you

Re: Under lane Sure- pic ball lift

what machines are you running. something small and stupid but has it popped the overload on the motor?

Comment

Check the M relays in the chassis on lane 26.

Comment

Try checking the cable from the AM box to the machine, or maybe the plug connection itself may have a mis-aligned pin.

Comment

The ball return is actually going thru the M2 relay terminals 9 & 11. From there the wires go to C2A 33K & 34P. Then they go to your A&MC box # 3 TBA & TBB. From there you will have a zip cord running underground to you ball return.

Try changing your M2 relay first. If that doesn’t work, change chassis. If the chassis is bad its probably a bad relay socket for the M2. If these 2 things don’t work check your connections I listed above.

Triac

Comment

You could also check the continuity of the underground zipper cord by twisting it together at the control box and checking for continuity at TBA and TBB (with the machines OFF). Have had these wires to get smashed or cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingram:
              You could also check the continuity of the underground zipper cord by twisting it together at the control box and checking for continuity at TBA and TBB (with the machines OFF). Have had these wires to get smashed or cut.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kingram,

If one of the wires was smashed or broke underground, I would think that neither machine would turn on the ball return since it is an “AND/OR” looped circuit. Wouldn't you agree?

Triac

Comment

I have seen centers that had 2 seperate sets of wires which merged in the relay box, one set from each pinspotter, it is possible (if wired this way) that only 1 set got smashed.

Comment

Originally posted by triac:
                  The ball return is actually going thru the M2 relay terminals 9 &amp; 11. From there the wires go to C2A 33K &amp; 34P. Then they go to your A&amp;MC box # 3 TBA &amp; TBB. From there you will have a zip cord running underground to you ball return.

Try changing your M2 relay first. If that doesn’t work, change chassis. If the chassis is bad its probably a bad relay socket for the M2. If these 2 things don’t work check your connections I listed above.

Triac
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">M2 is for Sweep reverse. M1 is power lift/Sure Stuck relay. M relay is manager control; turns pinsetter on.
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Maybe you should relabel lane 26. Make it lane 25. Then you'll have two lanes that are lane 25. Since 25 runs the ball lift, you should be cool.
                    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat:
                      M2 is for Sweep reverse. M1 is power lift/Sure Stuck relay. M relay is manager control; turns pinsetter on.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kat,

According to my schematics the M1 relay controls the surface return on a MP chassis thru pins 5 &amp; 9.

However, the surface return is controlled with the M2 relay thru pins 9 &amp; 11 for the SS chasis. Everything else that relates to the suface return is the same for both chassis.

I guess it depends what type of chassis he has.

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                      I have seen centers that had 2 seperate sets of wires which merged in the relay box, one set from each pinspotter, it is possible (if wired this way) that only 1 set got smashed.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I guess I forgot to take that into consideration

Triac

Comment

I'm going to say it was nailed with an M relay problem... On the SS chassis, if I remember right, it runs off the M2 (controlled by the time delay... which is why the backend and shurpik keep running for a while after the machine is turned off).

If not, make sure someone didn't damage the AMC cable coming out of lane 26... some of the AMF's have the AMC plug running out the side of the wireway into the ball track area. If you're not careful changing ball wipers and such, you can pull it loose or damage it.

Also... it will depend on what control box your shurpiks have... if it's the single relay type, it's probablt an AM&amp;C/M relay problem with lane 26. If it's the 3-relay box, it could be the control relay for that lane in the shurpik control box.
                        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Install bullet type overlane returns!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Triac:

Yes, you are correct. It's been a while since I worked on the SS chassis.
                            "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Many thanks to all! It is up and running for another day.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X