Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Distributors

Every house has a few problem distributors.

I have slowly used the Stahl's pin orientor on my worst distributors.

They do eliminate the pileups due to poor orientation.

They have the King's endorsement.

Re: Problem Distributors

Just as a side note, I loved that specific dist. belt, too bad Stahls dosent make it anymore. Yes, it would shed until broke in, but it would grab anything!!

Comment

That has to be one of the best "mod" items ever made for the 82/70. It should have been thought of a long time ago, and incorporated into the 'spotter's design. The orientor pins stay in exact relation to the wheel at all times. instead of moving like they do now.

Two thumbs up for that little beauty... can't wait to convert all my machines to them.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

how, much are they? i think i remembered them being $60. kinda irked me to pay that much for somethin i could make outta scrap., but i do like them

Comment

Make 'em then! They're not hard to do... if you have the time to do it, it's not rocket science. 4 3/8 coarse nuts, 2 long 3/8" bolts with the heads cut off for orientor pins, some 12 or 16-ga steel for the frame, 2 1/4-20's and nuts to hold the crosspiece together, and a bent piece of iron with 2 holes in it that will match up to the oiler pot bolts to mount it.

Not hard, just a bit time consuming so you get them all exact and alike.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

they elimante not only pileups but solve all other problems.such as head first pins on the distributor and also resolve pins over shooting the side of the distributor...I highly recomend it I only had 1 problem machine that had pileup problems I put this gadget on that machine and have only had 1 pileup on this machine since it was installed and that was 6 months ago!!!! I highly endorse the use of this product
            DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

where do the posts from the pan go? Did you break them off?
              The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

If you are that strong, be my guest...lol, most of us just cut them!!! (massive bendage, even with the help of a pin for leverage, too much work for this old fat man)

Comment

they dont work with twisters, i have had a pin sit across the whole affair, i am lead to believe they are awesome with proper pins tho (twisters are slick and dont come off the k-pan in the same place avery time
                  Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

I sure hope that mod works because if it doesnt all your orientor pans are trash since you have to remove the posts.

Comment

Clutch, Smokie just bent them down, so if we dont like them, we cna bend them back. (the hole in the bottom of the pins fits perfectly) I was just being a smart a$$ in th earlier post.

Comment

get a grinder and cut em off but I would just bend em down till you see what kinda of results ya get dont cut ya nose off to spite ya face ya know
                        DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

OOO-LaFARGE...
                          Where are you?
                          C'mon!!! You showed this to Bagley three years ago.Fill these gents in w/the "goods"(this WUZ indeed your baby,no?)

FATTY

Comment

Yeah that was my original idea but I found somthing that works even better. You take a peace of friction tape two inches wide by three inches long and put it on your oreintation pan to make the pins roll out of the pinwheel which inturn makes the pins turn befor they can fall off the distributor I'm lucky if I have two to three pinjams caused buy orientation a week. You do have to keep the tape clean, I use a small wire brush to clean the tape but it won't scar the bellys of the pins. The stuff I'm using is made by 3m it was about 30.00 a roll of 60foot. not a bad price to pay for a problemsolver. The best part is that you can set your kidney pan in two or three diffrent positions and it doesn't affect in any way.
                            They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Lafarge's idea works too.....I have used Brunsjunk kicker strips before...it is amazing.......however it does not solve the head first pin dilemma as does the Stahl's apparatus.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X