Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regaining sweep reverse

I need some help in regaining sweep reverse after changing to the new amf solid state start switch. I have 5 board ss chassis that now utilize the single omega tek board. The diagram that amf sends with the switch is very confusing. which scheme shoud i be looking at and does it make a difference that at one time this lane also had the mk70 expander board installed.

I assume my chassis is still an ss and not an mp.

I also have accuscore. any help??

Re: regaining sweep reverse

You might have two problems...

One, if the AMF SSS units are anything like the old Quality start switches, there was a modification that needed to be made in the front wireway. If the mod wasn't done, you lost the sweep reverse function, but everything else would work normally.

Two, if the chassis had an expander board in it, there will be a set of 4 wires added to the C1 that terminate in a plug. That plug goes to the MK70EX board so it can control motor functions for short strike and sweep reverse. If the MK70EX is removed from the chassis, there is a jumper cap plug that has to be attached to it so it bypasses the wiring change. If the plug isn't jumpered with that 'special' jumper cap, the machine won't run right. Omega-Tek usually provides a couple of those jumper caps with an order of EX boards.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Try this: locate white wire from sweep capacitor which will be hooked to either TS-1A1 or TS-17 and remove this wire. Now locate the blue sweep reverse wire on TS-23 and put where white wire was. Now locate the red wire from sweep motor harness it will be hooked to TSA-2, put red wire on TS-23 and put white wire on TSA-2.

I use the Quality solid state switches and this is how I get my sweep reverse back.

Comment

what clutch plate said.

and ill add. if you have a machine with the wires numbered.

the red wire from sweep motor goes to TS-23
        Blue #122 from TS-23 goes to TS-17
        White #8 From TS-17 goes where sweep red wire was

Comment

Thanks guys, thats exactly what you have to do for a SS chassis.

I think the confusion for Seneca Lanes was that there are 3 diagrams in the instructions - one for SS chassis, and two others for the different MP chassis - and he wasn't sure which to use.

Ray [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
          Ray Jordan
          Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
          Australia

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X