Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor Mod

I got another mod for everyone.

This mod makes it easier for a pin to go over the trip arm assembly of the dist. All that is needed is a 5/16" washer. Put the washer over the rubber bumper as shown below then reinstall the bumper. This lets the trip arms sit a little bit lower making it easier for pins to go over. Dont forget to readjust your trip cable assembly. Here are some pics.

Enjoy
    Wang

Re: Distributor Mod

That looks like my distributors in 1986.
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I have 2 on all mine. Been doing it for about 2years.
      They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Yep, except its more like 10 years for me, nice pics too. thats the grey belt I was refering to in the 'dist belt' thread!!

Comment

Yeah, I been doing that for 15 years, had to do something when we could only get poor quality belts from AMF Australia.
          willey.
          always doing my best.

Comment

Everyone shims down the index levers when necessary.
            Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Its an old mod, but still helpful to people who new to the business

Comment

Hi Monty,remember that placing one on the back bumper is great when the end casting wears and the trip arms don,t go down so far to release the pin. If dissies get worn this helps also.
                Nice to see the photo.good man.
                best wishes from
                Scotland.

Comment

If, after getting that "perfect" trip rod adjustment, we end up with the stop blade hitting the pinion, then we add one washer to the rear.
                  Careful: for each washer, front or rear, that you add, you are reducing the total travel (stroke) of the stop blade.
                  Basically, if you're having trouble getting the pin through the trips arms, you either have too much clutch tension, no stop blade lubrication, a very slippery belt, or that bad rocker arm spring that Vantage sold (wound too tight).

Comment

i personally wouldnt run more than one washer, you can eliminate the need for it by making sure your stop blades are the correct shape, correct position and correct angle of attack as well as making sure your trip rod is parralell to the carriage and aligned correctly with the 2 nylon wheels. if it is still hesitating when a pin comes along, make sure your spring isnt too tight, you can sprain it slightly to make it weaker which can do the trick (but be careful not to over-do it) and dont overlook the obvious like dry stop blades or too much clutch tension.
                    Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Hey, I invented that 30 years ago. LOL [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I have them on all my distributors. They work great for belts that just don’t grip very well when it gets cold. I once saw a house where they threaded the hole and used a bolt and jam nut for fine-tuning.

The only draw back with this mod as mentioned, is that the stroke is changed and can cause the flag to hit the gear. I never put one on the rear because it shortens the stroke so much that you can experience intermittent tripping problems if everything is not perfect.

Triac

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X