Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey Sure Pik Belts

I have bought some of these form various distributors.

They do not allow undergrounds, however the durability of them is not good.

I just ordered orange genuine style belts from JCP.

I will post on the durability of them after installation.

Re: Grey Sure Pik Belts

Are surepiks still running around? I had a housefull up until a few years ago. The ones that didnt have problems NEVER had problems. The ones that did ALWAYS had problems. Of course, now i have the C90 ball lift. Much better design for a ball lift. Not as rugged and durable as a surepik, at least on an individual parts basis.
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

The best lift ever made! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I had no real complaints with the Surepiks, cept when the springs got tired, and changing out the fusestats. The only time mine ever let me down was in trying to return two 16 pounders at the same time. Sometimes they could, most times it was 50/50. I dont miss that big-ass hood , thats for sure [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
        The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
          Are surepiks still running around? I had a housefull up until a few years ago. The ones that didnt have problems NEVER had problems. The ones that did ALWAYS had problems. Of course, now i have the C90 ball lift. Much better design for a ball lift. Not as rugged and durable as a surepik, at least on an individual parts basis.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Sur-pik is a good system if its maintained well. Worked at a place that had the old AMF wooden ramp upsweep with a wheel ball returns (not sure the name), talk about underground city! The best thing the owner did was buy another center's sur-piks who were upgrading to C-90's. Those used sur-piks ran pretty much flawlessly.
          * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

We still have 32 of those beautiful Sure-Piks. For us they run great, rarely a problem with them. I love em ALMOST as much as King does [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
            All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

i havent worked with sure-piks in 3 years. but luved them. spent many a nights passed out on one. my fav belt became the new (at the time) AMF black one, it seemed to grip and rip anything out of the underlane.

Comment

Too Many 10 pins, I think you are refering to the "Lazy Susan" ball returns, I remember starting in a center once that had them and there was no ball under 11lb's on the racks, I wonder why?
                willey.
                always doing my best.

Comment

Originally posted by Coors:
                  i havent worked with sure-piks in 3 years. but luved them. spent many a nights passed out on one. my fav belt became the new (at the time) AMF black one, it seemed to grip and rip anything out of the underlane.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We use them, they work VERY well for us, they do have a LOT of grip to them
                  All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

DO not order the JCP orange belt.

I have 1 the V separated off the main body of the belt at 6 months.....and another that is not far behind.

Who has the best belt?

Does Stahl's make one?

Comment

Yes Stahls makes one but it is grey also. Tryed them like 8 or 9 years ago and seemed to work ok. the are the same belt that they sell for there back end ball lift and same rubber. Give them a try not sure if they are still selling them.
                      They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Jerry, give AMF a call.
                        If I am not mistaken, I think they MAY be using the canvas backed black belt now, with the solid v-guide. They changed their ball lift belt from the ribbed v to this style, so it is possible they changed the sure-pik belt as well. Worth a shot.

Bob

Comment

Jerry:
                          Been using the gray ones from ED Fox for about a year now and been having pretty good luck with them.

AMF DOCTOR
                          The doctor makes house calls.
                          AMF DOCTOR
                          The doctor makes house calls.
                          http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

I'm Not even going there,, OEM from AMF.

Felix
                            If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

I Lied; AMF, OEM is alot like the bait and switch scam. "1979" green belts(some hard and some soft), then orange and now blk(with cogs on a non cogged pulley)?
                              If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X