Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP/AMF chassis repair

I've seen numerous posts lately concerning the repair of AMF SS and MP chassis. I just wanted to pass along that I have all of mine serviced by Mike Barrett of Barrett Electronics in Fullerton, California. You'll see his add in the back of Bowling Center Management, but if you just flip through those ads without reading them, you may be passing up a great opportunity to rebuild your spares or service your problem chassis. I've been doing business with Mike for almost two years now, a total of almost eight chassis altogether. If any of you have had chassis work done by Magiscore or AMF, you will find that his prices blow theirs away. Not only is his work phenomenal, he has been in the business for years and years and years and will even call and talk with you over the phone, out of the blue, giving you status reports on your chassis under construction, likely causes of damage, how to avoid them, and so on. He is a veritable encyclopedia of electrical know-how; he also has more than a few tricks up his sleeve regarding pinsetters. I've had all mine serviced by Magicscore for years, for 300-350 bucks a pop. Never again. I can have almost twice the number of chassis serviced for that now, along with a much better relationship with the man doing the work.

Mike Barrett
    714-871-7843
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Re: MP/AMF chassis repair

shipping across the atlantic could be a tad expensive [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

i have been repairing all our chassies since i started here, and so far so good! but one day, one will catch me out.

99% of the problems with the MP chassies i have got (240v 50hz) have been common sense things, broken wires, defective contactors, shot transformers, burnt contacts on the PCB, triacs and the like, all menial stuff, had a couple of head-scratchers but got there in the end.
    Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Re: MP/AMF chassis repair

I've done business with Mike for around 20 years with good luck.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
      Working...
      X