Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dizzy stalls at 8 and 9.....

Any thoughts? Rebuilt and adjusted clutch. Replaced trip rod. All other positions are fine. Only where the distributor is at its shortest.

Re: Dizzy stalls at 8 and 9.....

White Plastic Roller Hits The O-pan!!
    So it goes.

Comment

Or Eccentric Rollers Miss-adjusted!!
      So it goes.

Comment

Or Trip Rod/Cable Too Long!!
        (about 1/16" or less clearance between lower roller and tube from front to back)
        So it goes.

Comment

Or A Combi Of These and More!!!
          So it goes.

Comment

LAMPIE,
            maybe the distributor track needs to be moved forward [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] or distributor needs to be moved back some or the table needs to be moved forward? or maybe it's just a simple matter of the dist belt slipping on the rear pulley :p maybe the dist track needs some grease. maybe the backup roller is adjusted too tight! maybe the eccentric rollers are too tight! maybe the carrage tubes are bent?
            oh hell what model of distributors are we talking about? 30's, 70's [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
            if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

[img]http://pic2.****************/VOL26/934456/3560906/74570693.jpg[/img]
              So it goes.

Comment

jc,
                When you say the distributor is" stalling " do you mean that the stop blade is not clearing the clutch plate to allow the clutch to turn , or is the clutch and index cam hesitating while the distributor is moving from one position to the next ?

I just had a similar problem with a small center that I help out sometimes. The stop blade would not clear the clutch plate at the 8 and 9 positions. The mechanic changed rollers, made adjustments and still had problems. I pulled the pinion gear off , and it had about a 1/8 inch groove cut in on the gear side where it rides against the washer. It was creating so much drag , that you simply could not trip the distributor at the 8 and 9 pin positions.

You could also swap the distibutor with another lane, to see if the problem moves with the distributor.

Mark
                There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Running 82-70s.
                  Stop blade does not clear at 8 and 9. Can advance manually with not much pressure.
                  I'm going to readjust rollers and check for contact at O-pan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampie:
                    White Plastic Roller Hits The O-pan!!
                    Or Eccentric Rollers Miss-adjusted!!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In addition to the above:

Bent tubes or trip rod
                    Loose roll pin in trip arm assy

Triac

Comment

i would suspect rods not parallel and stop blade and trip fingers on clutch are not parallel at the back row.This causes the distributor to index well from 1 thro to 7 when rods are extended but when at back, blades are not level at the bottom, and the stop blade is unable to depress far enough to fully clear, and allow the rotation of the clutch.
                      Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JC:

Replaced trip rod
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                        Originally posted by the old dirt man:

oh hell what model of distributors are we talking about? 30's, 70's [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dirt; it's been a long time ago for me; where the **** is the trip rod on a "O" "30(was the dist. head leveler called that way?

Lamp
                        So it goes.

Comment

LAMPIE,
                          I just wanted to see how many were paying attention! sorry! LOL.
                          if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X