Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purpose of removing belt runner on dizzy?

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purpose of removing belt runner on dizzy?

Why do you remove belt runner?

Re: Purpose of removing belt runner on dizzy?

The pin will not roll off the distributor.

It is like raising the banks of a river.....the pin will stay between the sides.

It works.

Comment

rather than the pin rolling out of pin wheel over the belt onto other side and either falling off, or stalling causing next pin to be too close. . .pin rolls off the pinwheel, drops like a rock and up it goes.

Comment

rather than the pin rolling out of pin wheel over the belt onto other side and either falling off, or stalling causing next pin to be too close. . .pin rolls off the pinwheel, drops like a rock and up it goes.

Comment

Not exactly clear.
          Picures possible please?

Thanx,
          Fatty

Comment

Couldn't the pins possibly get jammed under the belt or between the belt and guides if the belt runner was removed? Are there certain belts this would work better on than others? Is this a matter of simply removing the runner requiring nothing else and you are good to go? Isn't removing the runner not really fixing the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by peapodd@mindspring.com:
              Not exactly clear.
              Picures possible please?

Thanx,
              Fatty
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What center do you work at?

I work at Centennial in longmont.

Mike
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TABLEJAM: Couldn't the pins possibly get jammed under the belt or between the belt and guides if the belt runner was removed? NO Are there certain belts this would work better on than others?Vantage Is this a matter of simply removing the runner requiring nothing else and you are good to go? Yes Isn't removing the runner not really fixing the problem?It does fix many problems
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Originally posted by TABLEJAM:
                  Couldn't the pins possibly get jammed under the belt or between the belt and guides if the belt runner was removed? Are there certain belts this would work better on than others? Is this a matter of simply removing the runner requiring nothing else and you are good to go? Isn't removing the runner not really fixing the problem?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">From my experience the only thing this mod will help is pins rolling off the distributor. But usually adjusting the Kidney pan and o-pan will eliminate that problem as well.

But have found that it's best to use a thicker belt. The thin belts seem to stretch. As far as pins getting under the belt, this will only happen if a jam happens. Under normal operation they should not get under the belt. I have done this mod to 5 of 32 machines and don't see any reason to do the rest. I also rebuild the distributors ever 2 years, this alone will help get arid of all the problems.

Mike
                  Mike

Comment

Yes Pins Can Get Jammed Under The Belt, It Has Happened To Me. Kidney And Orientation Pan Best
                    Adjustments.

Comment

Just from seeing other machines and how their orientation is set, you can see why pins flip off the sides of the dist. I try and set my rails so the pin rolls into the pan and makes the turn without excessive snap. In all honesty even though I set my rails for little pressure on the pins, I still have put pin stabilizers on both sides of the dist and I leave the belt runner in. You can make your own for about $1 or by ready made ones from Stahl's. If you watch the pin as it makes its turn on the sides of the pan, you'll notice that the pin never touches the belt till it's almost turned. Why loose making contact with the belt even harder by pulling out the runner. Just one other idea, take two of Vantage's belt risers and screw them together, counter sink the flat head screws, and put it under the belt. The pin is now in cintact with the belt as it makes its turn.

AMF DOCTOR

The doctor makes house calls.
                      AMF DOCTOR
                      The doctor makes house calls.
                      http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

[img]http://pic17.****************/VOL856/934456/1718790/23196389.jpg[/img]
                        So it goes.

Comment

This is one of the best mods we have ever tried.Pin jams are down to nothing.We have different belts running thick &amp; thin no problems.It keeps the belt low which in turn helps the pin "roll" better off the pan and line up on the belt.It gives the pin a "valley"!GREAT IDEA!!!

Comment

It works good for us. I use a thick rough top belt that works better with the belt runner out. It does cause the thinner belts to stretch faster.

Pete

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X