Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicker Modification

Got A Modification For Kickers For You Guys....

I've been using Vantage Lightning Fast Red Kicker Rollers, The Even and Odd End Fatboys. Made up a mod on accident, I got the idea one day to buy some Instagrip strip from Tech-Line Products, Its made for lazy susan tires and such for brunswick setters. But if you cut the strips half the width to conform to the size of the kicker, make the strip long enough to cover the whole kicker, It really grips the balls great, I've used Ed Fox's kickers, Those work really great as well, If you're looking for a little fix, Or just out of ideas on how to get the kickers to send oily balls back, Give this a shot only 20 bucks for 5 feet of strip from Classic, Good luck and Enjoy Gents.

Re: Kicker Modification

Comment

Kickers are 1960's technology.

Install a PBL or Humpback kit.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
        Kickers are 1960's technology.

Install a PBL or Humpback kit.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kickers work great, just watch the amount of oil you put on lanes.

Comment

Kickers will work fine, but as said the oil can't be too much. But like King said there are far better upgrades out there. Just gotta babysit the kickers and make sure everything in your exit is nice and tight and maybe do a mod here and there on trouble lanes. Nice mods mentioned in this thread btw [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Cool! Thanks Chappy

Comment

umm yor better of with PBL`s stay away from humpbacks!!!!!!
              DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

There are a lot of ways to "trick out" a kicker exit. Some work - some don't. The biggest problem is the amount of oil applied. If we stay under 18 oz. per 24 lanes, everything still operates ok. If the amount of oil goes to 20oz,or more, then you will need twelve chasers per side to send the balls back.
                &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
                Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

I like how people have to inject they're opinions in here. Chappy put's up a nice mod. Right away everyone is telling him to upgrade. Telling him what to get &amp; what NOT to get. But alot of houses are just making ends meet. And dont have alot of money comming in. Like you people have in bigger cities.
                  I'm sure he's well aware of the upgrades. I for one like the mods that get shown in here. Some work for me &amp; Some dont. But I'll never jump down anyones throat telling them to upgrade. They must be happy with whatever they are using or they'd have replaced it.
                  Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Right on Old School. Chappy is my kind of mechanic. If something doesn't work, instead of getting on the forums whinning about it, he tries to solve his own problems. Tks for the info Chappy, we service a house with kickers and will give it a try. BTW some of these "upgrade" that have hit the market over the past few years should be labeled downgrades, or better yet, replace your old problems with our more complicated new set of problems. LOL (Oh Yeah,and keeps the checks coming).

Comment

P.B.L.'S Best Modification.

Comment

Hey Gang, Glad some of you liked the Mod, Would love to upgrade but the owner isn't too optimistic on the Humpy upgrade, so ya gotta do with what you have to work with, The kickerstrip deal was a complete accident, Which worked out very well for us anyway, Put out a decent shot with plenty of juice in the middle, Thanks for the Praises and the Putdowns, lol. Always enjoy constructive critisizm.

Chappy

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Originally posted by WHERE IS THE SHOT:
                            P.B.L.'S Best Modification.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">as long as you leave the LBS in the box.

Comment

while most people will argue back and forth the merits of their own particular ball lift, i choose to attack the oil companies. A kicker, and a PBL, and a Humpback would all last for eternity if the people at kegel could make an oil that wasnt so slick. We need more dry oils. More oils in powder form.
                              The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X