X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifelong's hingeless front roller

It is quiet as a church mouse.

Re: Lifelong's hingeless front roller

is this only in USA , i have not seen this on a 70.Any pictures please.
    Thanks.

Comment

Never mind.

Comment

Here is the Part....

Front Roller
        Peanut

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
          It is quiet as a church mouse.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I kind of liked the quiet ka-chunk-ka-chunk-ka-chunk of the rollers. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] They gotta put a ball bearing or a flapper plate on it to 'noise it up' a little, or I'm not interested...
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

This is what I was refering to when I stated in a past thread that I was looking forward to there newest item. Supposed to have 1 on order, but it got tabled until after the holidays, I am excited!!

Comment

I put one in today.....I have 4 more in back ready to go.

I did modify his roller.

There are collars on the end instead of bearings.

They are secured with soft bolts.

I replaced them with grade 8 bolts and jam nuts.

Comment

Good Idea, I will remember that when corporate ok's the order...

Comment

I just use the conical spring and washer to make'm quiet down.

Comment

wow, what an impressive idea.

Peter
                    Formally Sports Central

Comment

i have 32 machines all front rollers are welded solid and no problems at all very quiet!!

Comment

welding does quiet them down, but it eliminates the purpose of the hinge in the 1st place, which is self centering carpet. Just curious 82, what is your average carpet life?? I have had welded rollers for emergency/temp. use, but have never ran them perm. Let us know?

not knocking, just curious

Paul

Comment

I ,too, like the muted thunk.(When it CLANKS its broken) It's one of some noises the machine is supposed to make. The only real problem I had was a bad batch of links from JCP. I have never had a tracking problem with carpets. I get 5-6 yrs out of them.
                          I also know a guy who has welded them with no problems

Comment

The carpets will track with a solid roller if the carpet is made with a 1/16” or less difference on the inside circumference between each side and the hinge pressures are within a few pounds of each other not to mention the pit has to be square.....which is slim to none. Hmmmm....I think I confused myself with that one....

In my journeys of trying to find a manufacturer to make our carpets I learned a lot about belting material’s and what causes the tracking issues.

Most of the manufacturers that I dealt with were amazed by how the hinged front roller worked. This day and age lasers and pneumatics control it but for a pinsetter the environment is not acceptable nor would it be cost effective. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Those enviro-links (that replace the 597 brass links) do a fantastic job. I''l bet its a lot cheaper than going to the hingeless too.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X