Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet Tracking Problem

Ok, one of our even lanes is eating carpets.
    We've had the pit out 3 times. Both pit supports have been replaced and are at the correct height (they are resting on the weld firmly.) Both front roller brackets have been replaced, the LH one works fine, the right hand one has a cushion start switch spring keeping it's tension, (a trick I learned from bowl tech.)

The carpet is tracking to the right(ball door side), sliding over the rim of the front roller. This then causes it to wear down, slowly creating an unacceptable gap on the LH side of the pit.

Any ideas ??

Re: Carpet Tracking Problem

Have you replaced the carpet yet??

Comment

Use a Vantage Premium carpet instead of a pumpkin carpet.

Comment

Stahls Ugly white carpet is KING

Comment

Yes, we are on our second carpet. It's a vantage super soft one I think. I'm at home at the moment. So I'll have to check tomorrow when I get it work. They are black, very ridgid when you get them out of the box, and sometimes a total pain in the a$$ to get started. Being in the uk, we only really have 3 suppliers who can provide carpets. The cheapest economy one is around £90, or about $175 !! A premium one is about £140 if I remember right. But money is not really an issue. It I need a better one and it costs more I'll get it.

Comment

serviced the actual front roller, and not just the brackets? also, also spring tension on the roller brackets need to have roughly the same tension

Comment

Yep, Front roller totally rebuilt. Although is was really tight getting it in. We couldn't figure out why. The frames of the machine are in the right place. The roller is built ok.

We actually tested the roller, while the pit was out of the machine and it sat in the brackets fine. No resistance or anything.

Comment

Do you have both hinges on the same side?....they cannot oppose one another I believe.

If one hinge is up and the other is down they will work against one another.

Comment

I couldn't be certain about that one, I didn't actually service the roller. I will check tomorrow. But I'm going to put myself out on a limb here. I was always told the hinges should be opposite. One up one down. Is this wrong, have a been misinformed ?

Comment

They should be both belly up when installing the bodies.

If you have one with the lubrication holes it will prove that theory.

Comment

Page 5-62 in the 090 manual shows both the same way....not opposing.

Comment

Well that's amazed me. Every centre I have work in (all 3 of them) have had a mix and match set of front rollers. And I have had many conversations with mechanics who insist each way is correct, at the time I was in the positon of being told how to do it and what to do.

If it is built with the hinges installed, one up and one down, I'll give it a try.

Comment

They are both to be one way.

Comment

If anyone can post a pic of a front roller, with the hinges installed correctly and one of the roller bodies missing. It would be helpful. This way I can print if out and wave it under a couple of peoples noses, when I visit them for a beer.

Comment

The front roller sounds like it is definitely put together backwards. Pull one hinge assembly out and flip it. I bet that will solve the trouble. When you put them together opposite of each other the over all length of the roller is longer....that is why it is a biatch to re-install.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                              Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X