Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/70 Respot Problem

82/70's, we recieve several calls for machines needing respots...then when we get there, all the pins except what they need respotted will be in their respective cups, and nothing on the pindeck...example: if they need the 4,6,10 respotted, all pins will be in there cups except the 4,6,10, the machine will be on ball 2, and the pindeck will be bare? Anywhere to start would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 82/70 Respot Problem

Is this one machine or several.....what scoring do you have?
    Peanut

Comment

my first guess would be your table cable plug is loose, or your ground wire for the table is broken, spuratically not letting the chassis know there are pins left, and then going into a strike cycle. assuming you still use table wiring. . . .then again it wouldnt explain it always bein on 2nd ball. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Possible bad roll pin in table drive. Sloppy Solenoid link. Master has the key point though, is this on only 1 machine, or does the problem travel??

Comment

Lets see... several machines...Qubica Scoring...No table Wiring

Comment

if it ends up on second ball ill go with what Dorsin says, tho that would be an amazing Bad TDA Coincidence goin on in several machines

Comment

Yes, that is odd, different machines. I cant see how Quib would have anything to do with it......One question I have to ask, did you see this happen your self, or are you relying on info given to you by another?? Many times over the years I have gone into a situation thinking I had the whole story, and low and behold, pinnie #2 left out a key piece of information.

Comment

Have a look at the offspot switch , if there was an off spot pin in the gutter , the sweep drops, table goes to pick up pins and returns to zero and if off spot switch not correct, sweep runs thro and table respots nothing because it did not pick anything up and it clears away the standing pins.I am fairly confident this is the area to look at , as your machine goes to second ball indicating table has run and also sweep.Does it score correctly on the monitor.
                Please let us know.
                Thanks

Comment

I was thinking along those lines Maister, thats why I was wondering if he was getting the correct story, as he said there are all pins in cups except the ones called for the respot every time, thats the part that is throwing me, as It would be too co-incidental!!!!...lol, I have to wonder if he saw it himself.

Comment

Yeah, I'm guessing off-spot switch as well. If you didn't say it happens on more than one machine, I'd be SURE this was the solution. The fact that it happens on a few machines makes that scenario a bit hazy.

The second ball thing is the deciding factor for me, but then again it could be a bung table cam switch. Let us know how you go.

Comment

I'll check the Off-spot Switch today, and yes when I get to the machine it is just as I described before...I don't know if it scores correctly or not (typical counter help).

Comment

Usually when a table spots over a pin or pins in the fingers (false strike), the pins which are the same as those in the cells are dislodged from the cups, and the others go back up with the cups to the home position.

Hypothetical Scenario:
                        Spare left is the 4-5-6. The above mentioned false strike occurs, resulting in 1-2-3-7-8-9-10 in the cups, all 10 in the bin, with the distributor feeding the three "lost spare" pins into the 1, 3, and 2 bins.

Are we close? (All I've got so far)
                        False strike with scoring interface can only be the fault of the chassis or board, due to the fact that the table felt for pins.

Do you have Elco or C23 chassis with Omega Teks?

Comment

This is a common problem with Q scoring, specially with the omega tech chassis. still trying to figure it out, will keep posted if I find anything

Comment

lane, we have Qubica (BES) and mk-70 w/expanders. We even have about 10 black Omega-tek chassis, and I have never had this happen so far, however, it may be the expander that is the key here, as we dont rely on the cell wires.

Comment

no strike

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X