Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something new for me

I had something come up that has never happened to me. Lane 18's back end motor will not shut off. I have the 5-board chassis with the omni convertion. It just happened tonight. Going to check the delay module & relays tomorrow. Even the back end motor switch at the rear wont shut it down. I had to turn off the breaker.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Re: something new for me

2 possibilities....(most likely) tap the chassis, if it shuts down, its a sticky BE relay. If it dosent shut down, replace the time delay module. (black rectangle about 2 inches ling and 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide, screwed to the wall)

Comment

Maybe a short to ground in the BE motor(look at the capicitor and near the male plug).
      Or read THIS for more suggestions.

Martin
      So it goes.

Comment

lol
        I did the tap the chassis thing. It didnt shut down. I'll change chassis with another machine & see if the problem travels. least then I'll know if it chassis or electrical in the machine or motor.
        Jim I must be more tired then I thought. I typed in points & ment the module. After I seen what I did, I went back & edited it. You had alreay sent in your post before I was done. But thanks for your imput.
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

could be something fell into the wireway shorting and causing a backdoor??? Let us know what you find, I am interested in the outcome.

Comment

I agree with Jim, just a stuck BE relay. Either Old School hit chassis in wrong spot or relay is really fused together.

Comment

M.

Comment

BE Relay sticking. just slap it harder.

Comment

If the M2 is energized then you have a defective time delay unit. If you cant see if the relay is energized just pull it. If motor stops you got a bad time delay unit or M2 relay.

However, my monies on the BE relay stuck contacts. Smacking them is only a short term solution as it will do it again in the near future. You can usually get another year or two if you pull the relay and file the contacts in an arch (not flat) and clean in-between the coil top and the contact plate.

Triac

Comment

there is a small square block in the gold control box where the cycle button is with 4 terminal connectors see if a nut hasnt fallen on it and shorted it out or change that block out it might be faulty. i have had that happen to me causing this problem...
                    DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

if you look at your chasis from the top the contact would be at the top th bords below that look directly right of that and you will see 2 white things on an angle hit the chassis with a fair amount of stregth there i am telling you this is what it is i have this problem towards the sommer until i get to dusting my cahssis

Comment

I'm thinking, M or M2... Could be the BE relay (if it's really fused together). I'd give them a check, and see what happens
                        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I had a machine where the russell stole plug was wired wrong and a screw was gronding the neutral side in the motor and the motor kept running unless you unplugged machine.

Comment

Had the same problem once before. Even the circuit breaker would not turn it off. Tapped the B.E. relay with a screwdriver handle and it stopped.
                            SGT
                            U.S. Army/AVN
                            Retired

Comment

could be in the C1 plug where 2 wires in the top row are touching.or in the wireway where TS 18 , TS 19 are the power and could be a short in the wireway between them. could be machine not at electrical zero. and yes could be back end relay sticking in chassis.a few definite possibilities for you.
                              Let us know please.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X