Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chattering sweep relay

I have a machine that has started to act up when the sweep is running. The relay will chatter like it is having problems staying engaged. It does it the worst when the sweep is coming back to guard position after sweeping pins off. The relay will chatter and arc and bring the machine to a halt on occasion or cause everything the jerk its way through the cycle.

I rebuilt the contactor and thought the problem was fixed, but the next morning it started doing the same thing. I swapped chassis with another one that was running fine on the next lane it it started to behave the same way.

We can run the machine for a half hour or so non stop and it will seem to work fine, and then it will start having fits again. Where should I start looking for the problem?
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    Acta non verba.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Plunke...71383456227142

Re: Chattering sweep relay

What kind of chassis is it, MP or S/S?
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I would divide the board(s) whether it is an MP or SS to determine if it is the board or one of the components with-in the chassis. Also Always check the C-1 & C2a plugs.
      Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

The chassis are SS chassis with Omega-Tek MK-70 & Expander. The chassis work fine on another machine, but every chassis chatters on this machine.
        Acta non verba.

Comment

C-1 & C2a plugs appear to be ok.
          Acta non verba.

Comment

Could be caused by a bad sweep cam micro switch. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

You could jump the machine by pulling out the A+MC plug and jumping 5 and 6 on the machine plug. Thus eliminating scoring and up front equipment. This will tell you if the problem lies in the machine or outside of it.

If it is outside it could perhaps be the Lane A board in the LIU is causing this problem. To test for this, take out the Lane A card which is responsible for the particular lane and swap it with card beside it. Note if the problem jumps to a different machine Ie. 8 lanes up or down depending where you re-installed the board.If the problem moved, then the fault lies within the board.
            Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Is the a+MC plug on the front corner of the machine coming out of the raceway?
              Acta non verba.

Comment

Yes, that is where it is located. It comes out the side of the wire-way.
                Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Ok, I will try that after I check the sweep micro switches. Just tried the machine again and it works fine for 5-10 cycles then starts chattering and hangs up, then sorta works while the relay buzzes a couple of times. The relay does appear to be sparking quite alot when the sweep starts and stops, but when the chassis is moved to another machine it runs very smooth with very minimal/normal sparking.
                  Acta non verba.

Comment

Do a search on this forum.....I had this happen on a chassis......and I got it fixed......

Comment

Check the slots in the mother board to see if the ends are broken.....if they are the board could be not seated correctly.

Comment

Since you changed the chassis it defiantly sounds like the problem is on the machine side.

The sweep relay is controlled by low voltage, so you can rule out the C1 plug on the machine.

Lets, start with the easiest and work to the C2A machine plug. Remember to turn off power before beginning.

1.) Jump the sweep switch (not sweep run switch) in the mechanics control box. Did the problem go away? If no…go to number 2. If yes change the sweep switch.
                        2.) Change these pins in the C2A plug on the machine side
                        C2A-16Z
                        C2A-11B
                        There are more pins that control the sweep but they also control the table and BE relay. Since these relays are not chattering I wont mention them at this time.

If problem persists I would go after your adjustment to the sweep cam switches and possibility of a bad cam switch. If you suspect a bad cam switch , I would recommend changing them all.

Good Luck, Triac

Comment

If the chassis works ok on another machine, why would the problem be in the mainboard? Unless you are speaking of another mainboard than the chassis?
                          Acta non verba.

Comment

low voltage bad contacks bad pins in eather mechine or chassis blocks or bad cam switch

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions triac. Where is the sweep switch in the a+MC box? Does anyone have a diagram from this box? I will try your suggestions.
                              Acta non verba.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X