Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going through kicker belts

hey all
    i am new at this forum stuff but usually i can fix problems real easy but this one i have done everything all the pulley's involved with the kicker have been cahenged once a month i go through a kicker belt on this one lane i neeed your help??????

Re: going through kicker belts

Make sure you have the correct pulleys on your kicker idler arm. The bottom pulley has a "V" groove and the upper one has a flat bottom(like my wife)

v groove.....000-021-417

flat.........000-022-096

Also make sure you have the correct bumper in the rear filler pad. Check condition of kicker shaft pulley, and make sure everything with bearings turns freely.

Comment

its all free and straight

Comment

So do you have the right pulleys on the idler arms? V on bottom, Flat on top. Are any of the pulleys really sharp?

Comment

Go with Clutch Plate said here check the pulleys, I myself have found a few in the wrong spots. Also check the pit drive pulley on the rear roller, make sure the pulley on that for the k.w. belt is centered with the rear pulley and that the belt rides straight. If not it will wear the belts quickly if not throw them off completely. Also one more thing, when you check the pulleys to be sure they're on correctly check the bearings inside them, I've had them go bad without sqeaking or squealing and that also will chew a belt up as you need more tension for that bearing to turn... Keep us posted and good luck!
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by whizkidmechanic:
            hey all
            i am new at this forum stuff but usually i can fix problems real easy but this one i have done everything all the pulley's involved with the kicker have been cahenged once a month i go through a kicker belt on this one lane i neeed your help??????
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To fix your kicker belt problem, try following Clutch Plate's instructions.

I'm uncertain as to what you should do about your grammar problems though? I'm thinking that a quick lesson on the proper usage of a period (.) would be a worthwhile investment.

Comment

basically what clutch said. make sure your pulleys are free and not marking. and besure carpet drive pulley is aligned with kicker lever pulley

Comment

Funny this came up because I just went through the same thing a few weeks ago at one of my service centers and it was driving me nuts.

What I found in this particular case was that it seems Goodyear makes two different quality belts for the kicker drive. One of my service centers was having a problem with the belts coming off and twisting after a few hours of operation and when I took a few of the Goodyear belts that I had in stock with me I noticed that the belts that they had that were coming right out of the bag brand new were not the same quality as the ones that I had brought. The Vantage belt had half of the meat to it yet it was marked Goodyear. I’m not sure if this was a manufactures defect but there was a substantial difference in the quality of the belts.
                After installing the belts that I brought the problem was solved. This center was located in PA as well and I wonder if there was a bad batch of kickers belts coming from one of the suppliers. I believe their belts were purchased from Bowlers Supply, as that is all that they dealt with prior to having me do the service work.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Another belt-eater:

Make sure the alignment from the idler (figure 8) assembly to the carpet sheave is as close to 90 degrees as possible. If the sheave is slid in or out too far, it will cause a 'kink' in the belt that will wear the side off of it in very short order. Also, the sheave gets worn down to the point where it starts getting a sharp edge on it... one of these problems is bad enough. If both exist, they'll tear apart a belt in a week or less.
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

ed thank you for your input bowlers suplly is i owned by the same guy that owns the bowling alley i work for. i appreciate your help and will check into it.

Comment

Originally posted by whizkidmechanic:
                      ed thank you for your input bowlers suplly is i owned by the same guy that owns the bowling alley i work for. i appreciate your help and will check into it.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let me help out the above statement.

Ed, thank you for your input. Bowlers supply is owned by the same guy that owns the bowling center I work for. I appreciate your help and will check into it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X