Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pin stuck in ball door

Hello! We've got a problem with our pins getting stuck in the ball door with a ball trying to get in but the paddle can't get the pin out. What can we do to fix this problem?

Re: pin stuck in ball door

What kind of lifts do you have and what kind of shock......
    Peanut

Comment

if you have light ball sensors then it is in normal drive and the plate is not puting the unit into power drive. this is obtained by ensuring the roller moves all the way back when activated and all the way forward when it resets, it would appear it is not moving all the way back and it may be easier to take the LBS (light ball sensor 0 out to look at it on the work bench.
      If you have kickers you may have to adjust the piston at the paddle drive pulley or adjust the tension on the pulley.
      Good luck.

Comment

if you have kickers, which ill assume you do. need to lengthen the travel of the paddle to each side. on the paddle drive shaft plate (where the shock meets the pulley) loosen the 1/2" nut and slide plate so stroke is longer.

long term fix for both PBL & Kickers IMHO, is the Super Rudder and Speed reducing pulley

Comment

This is a Humback Ball Return, but the paddle/rudder area is the same

Comment

Originally posted by Coors:
            This is a Humback Ball Return, but the paddle/rudder area is the same
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The carpet idler assy. is missing a stud on the even lane side.

Comment

might not have one on the even lane either...lol, cant tell, the assembly is in the way.

I run the same 'added spring' as the LBS has, i just use the small dist. lateral spring in the orignal's place. I also use the adjustable reduction pulley, and the orignal crank pulley with new holes drilled for the small crank shaft. In addition, I drill the new holes in the pulley to allow for greater offset. Slows the paddel down nicely, and causes (up to) a 3 second hesitation on either side.

Comment

Paul,

Please post a pic of your new holes drilled mod.

Comment

Also notice the larger bronze bushings in the idler. I have done this mod across the house.

Comment

Looks sweet without the ratchet assembly, lift arm assembly, and belts. Lots of room for my oafish, clumsy hands to get in .
                    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

I would be happy to, if I had a way to do it...lol Its the larger black crank pulley from the LBS. I place the crank plate for the kicker pulley onto the larger pulley as a template, ligning up the holes on the plate inline with the old holes for the larger plate. I then rotate the top of the small (template) plate about 1/2 to 1 inch to one side. Basicly I am just increasing the didtance from the center of the pulley that the stud will end up, as the smaller plates dont move as far as the larger ones did.

I have the spring hanger in the ideler assy like the PBL's do, so the top shaft is not exposed.

you have to use the small crank plate on the large pulley with the adjustable shock, because if yo use the large one, the nuts for the crank will hit the berral of the adjustable shock. (with the small crank the nuts rotate in the shaft area instead.)

If I aguire the correct technology any time soon, I will post a pick.

Comment

Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
                        Looks sweet without the ratchet assembly, lift arm assembly, and belts. Lots of room for my oafish, clumsy hands to get in .
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oaf or any form of oaf is a great word.

Comment

take a spring for the tensioner on the ball lift side and attach it to poaddle and attach it to the mahine in which the pin is getting stuck this pulls the paddle harder

Comment

we have a pbl, what we tried recently was we put an extra washer on the center roller in front and it seemed to help a little bit. What is happening is that the plates that go over the roller when something is stuck one side drops down but on the other side is doesn't drop down. Sorry if this doesn't make sense but from what I was looking at this is what is happening. So anyways we just added an extra washer and it seems to help a little but I would like to hear some more information on how these things work and what is or is not suppose to happen. Thanks for all your time and help.

Comment

You need to adjust the banana cam on top so it engages the plate to drop down. Adjust it away from the foul line with the 2 5/16 attaching bolts.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X