Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table and Fingers

What order and what steps do you go in to adjust a table and all the fingers? No specific problem. Just how do you go about checking to make sure everything is correct. Pics are always worth 1000 words.

Re: Table and Fingers

It is in the manual.

Comment

undo all linkages and start with the one next to the 2 pin which is for the 7 pin then go in the back row and then 6 5 4 3 2 1

Comment

First thing I do before any adjustments, is a "full and through" check of all hardware.

The number of times I see mechanics try to get cell adjustments to work by just doing the adjustments is silly. I once stood and watched my old chief struggling. I'd already worked out that the tinaman nut on the main carb link was loose. Not enought to see it, but enought to have a good guess.

No matter how many times he did the adjustments, it wouldn't pick the pins up. Or open the cells fully after a respot. He knew best :-))

Comment

Cell set up.Drop table in spotting position to pindeck. remove all pins. remove all links, except 7 cell. Now ckeck freeness of roller under swanneck. if it moves freely good, if not shorten the small rod on the actuating arm.now ensure seven cell is open fully and adjst link. Then follow this order always working from back to front up each line of cells and ensure they are all about the same free play. 4,2,1,8,5,3,9,6,10. It is important that the cells are fully open to allow pins to spot through the cells and this is why it is best to adjust them here.Now raise table, close cells half way and check the pawl gap, maximum 1/8" and i mean maximum. Now close all cells fully and adjust the cell gaps by means of the small screw at the rear of each cell.use the wide end of the flat guage or if you do not have one,try to make all pins hang at the same height from the neck.Test machine respotting pins to ensure the cells close and open gently and thats it.If problems continue check the triangle spring hanger and bolt behind the respotting arm for excessive wear.
          Good Luck.

Comment

I pretty much adjust my RSC’s the same as maister with a couple of exceptions.

I prefer to adjust the pawl (aka batwing) first. Because if it is adjusted after the master link then that would change everything slightly.

Also, When I disconnect the links (in spotting mode), I disconnect the #7 (master link) before adjusting the bell crank clearance. I’ve seen to many master links set to tight which would give a false clearance check for the bearing to bell crank.

Triac

Comment

ok triac, i agree , it works both ways. you call the pawl the batwing , in the uk it is called the chicken foot, but i think batwing is nearer.
              Nice one.Maister.

Comment

Actually, I screwed up calling the pawl the batwing. I meant to say pawl gap to shifter cam (aka batwing). I never heard of the shifter cam link called the “batwing” until I read it here on this site. I believe that Kat (but not for sure) coined the term and it has stuck with me every since. When describing the pawl to one of my mechanics, I’ve always called it “the RSC actuating finger thingy with the corkscrew spring”.

Comment

Originally posted by triac:
                  I believe that Kat (but not for sure) coined the term and it has stuck with me every since.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, that'd be me. I've always used the term "batman cam" since it looks like the batman slihouette in the moon. Very flattering to know you guys are still using it. Thanks. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

I always called them the fingerling (Pawl) and 'W' cam. works out good though with Pawl and W cam, as my last name begins with a W.

Comment

I thought the first thing was to remove and discard the stop bolt on the bell crank and then go on with the above procedure. I'm not saying this is correct but it is what Stahl's school taught.
                      Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

I understand the 'purpose' of the bell crank stop bolt (as with the spring on the bell crank) but neither have ever "proven" necessary to me. I usualy remove the spring, the stop belt neither helps or hurts, so I leave it be.

Comment

Where can I get one of these magical manuals you speak of King?

Comment

Originally posted by otto matic:
                            Where can I get one of these magical manuals you speak of King?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMF has them for an arm and a leg.

Jeff

Comment

Otto -
                              I can bring by a copy for you, with some other useful tidbits too. When can I come? Always wanted to see your place.

Chad

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X