Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update

I see many pinsetters over the years have done an upgrade so that they only have one sylinoid on the front end. We have not done that one as of yet. What are the benifits?

We have two on our pinsetters, in fact 90% of the pinsetters I have worked on have two, and I have never replaced any in my life. Well one time I did but that was my fault and a lot of smoke out of the machine and all, Ha! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Just curious

Re: update

One less solenoid.

Comment

The mod does away with the respot solenoid and operation is mechanical rather than electrical.Most machines in Europe and UK have been modified, there is a kit supplied by amf for the job.
      Regards.

Comment

King is right, just one less solenoid. You have the spotting hook instead of the spotting latch, but it works the same. If it doesnt bother you to have two solenoids then leave it alone.

Comment

I had nothing but trouble with the field kit for the upgrade. (unless they made it better over the years, it was a piece of strap steel in a triangle shape and a post) BUt if I dont recall corectly, the respot solenoid is a different size, and I dont think they make them anymore.

Comment

Not only one less physical solenoid. less electrical (yeah i know just two wires) with a double solenoid. when the spot relay is normal, the respot solenoid fires, and when the spot relay engages, the spotting solenoid fires.

with the conversion, you only have to worry about the one half of the spot relay circuit. any reason to remove wiring and chuck it in the trash is music to me.

Jim - Ive seen a few of those close hanger do-dad kits you're referring to and they DO suck!!. However i've never recieved one when i've ordered them. Who made them? i have no idea. maybe BowlEquip could answer that.

Comment

I thought it was AMF, but it was about 10 years ago, so who knows.

Comment

AMF supply the kit for the conversion and i have converted about 50 pinspotters in uk and europe the last one about 5 years ago in London. AMF supply all the partsand the instructions in a kit, perhaps if you are in the USA you could call Richmond, Virginia and fdind out more.
                Maister

Comment

The kit from AMF is still available, but it's really mickey-mouse, if you ask me. Keep in mind that replacement arms and related parts for the old system are no longer available as new. With this in mind, I would recommend buying the parts needed to make it just like the newer version.

-Upper steel bracket (replaces the cast iron one)
                  -Spot link (arm)
                  -Respot link (arm)
                  -Spotting hook
                  -New shaft and bolt

Do it only as you need to rebuild or replace arms or shafts and you feel the cost so much.

While you're at it, try the new 82-90 style "green spring" hanger brackets. Much easier to work with and, with a slight modification to the arm castings, you won't even have to unbolt their pins to pull or re-attach the springs.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlEquip:

While you're at it, try the new 82-90 style "green spring" hanger brackets. Much easier to work with and, with a slight modification to the arm castings, you won't even have to unbolt their pins to pull or re-attach the springs.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">now that would be interesting to see.

Comment

The new 82/90 brackets are basically the same but the bolt hole is bigger and the spring can be removed over it.the only problem on a 90 is that it is too close to the respot arm and difficult to remove.
                      Maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X