Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table problem

hello all, i am having the worst nightmare with one of my machines, i have done all the adjustments on the table and i am still getiing oins dropping like flys in a stink cloud, can anyone please suggest what i should look for?
    just feeling my way out like a blind man at an orgy.

Re: table problem

J-man... is the table dropping them during spotting? On the way down? Are they dropping thru the shuttle? More info should help solve your problem quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by J-man:
      ...dropping like flys in a stink cloud
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I do like the description though. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Aside from machine positioning, table flagging and the normal adjustments, and assuming no broken cups, look for the following:

-Sticky/dirty liners or pins
        -Worn tie link bushings
        -Yoke torsion springs: Broken? Adjusted properly?
        -Respot fingers opening all the way?
        -Cracked or broken yoke

Awaiting more info in order to tune in to your problem.

Comment

More information please but has this just started , if so check motor as gearbox could beallowing table to coast all the way down or electrical , possibly braking capactitor but we need more info. to try to help please.
          Maister

Comment

- Table not level
            - Stabilizer rod end(s) loose or worn, allowing the table to rock front to back
            - Sticky table drive
            - Table drive loose on shaft

RR

Comment

Are the pins falling over on spotting as the pins make contact with the pin deck or as the table is on it`s return to zero?
              This would indicate either a not so level table or incorrect toe in.
              If you use AMF`s step by step procedure on setting up a table from scratch,you should be ok.
              The locating tool is a good guide to positioning the table on the pin deck.I don`t know whether or not you used this method of positioning the table?

Comment

If all of your respots cells are open during spotting, and your shuttle isn't allowing double pins, and you say that you have done all of the adjustments, then maybe you set up the table with your half bubble toward the front of the machine instead of toward the rear.

Just a guess. Please provide us with more detailed info.
                Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

I had a problem similar to this a year or two ago... I pulled my hair out for a week on it. I'd adjust it, it'd run fine for 15+ cycles... I'd pronounce it cured. A day or so later, it's acting up again.

I was digging around the front end trying to figure out what was going on. I leaned on the spot/respot rods, and one of them made a 'click' sound. I found that the oilite sleeve in the cast pivot on the table had disintegrated... but you'd never be able to see it for just looking. It was just dumb luck that I leaned in the right place.

I figure what it was doing was moving normally sometimes, but if it tipped to the side a bit, it would bind up. After replacing the assembly, it ran like a champ ever since.
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Neat story GMan! I like finding things like that. All of these suggestions are great.

Comment

if you are still having the problem and you have done everything else check you gear box on the table. i had a box that was going out. it had a few gear teeth broken causing the box to jerk causing the pins to fall over during spotting.

Comment

We had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago what we found out was that the cup liners were all messed up and when we changed those the pins weren't dropping. Good luck in solving your problem.

Comment

I was running into that problem
                          As I was digging around I rested on the spotting cups and noticed the x frame was broken.
                          Repaired and works great now

Comment

Gman: great suggestion. Similarly, the shaft on which both the spot and respot levers (on the table)pivot can walk out one way or the other due to a loose or missing set screw. If it walks to the left, it will first affect the spotting.

Happened to me a couple of times.

Comment

Don't overlook the microswitches,
                              we had a sticky one resulting in a shaking table.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X