Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double gutter problem

on one of our machines (lane 3) we have a problem with the scoring. On first ball if you get a gutter ball the machine resets as usual and the scorer records it as you got two gutters and it moves onto the next person. The machine is still in second ball because the lights on the masking unit indicate that it is on second ball. So far we have changed the CPU, the PC Board in the Chassis, and I think they changed some black box in the back not sure what it is. We have accuscore (not sure what version). We have had this problem before but we just forgot what we did. So if this isn't enough info sorry I'll try getting more. But anyways, thanks for all your help and time.

Re: double gutter problem

If your machines are reversing the sweep on a gutter ball you are probably hitting the scoring sweep switch twice.

Comment

Drifting sweep: check your sweep switch on the sweep arm. You may have to adjust it to accommodate for a drifting sweep.
      Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Sweep may be bouncing on it's way back to home, causing it to hit the switch twice.

Mike
        Mike

Comment

Had the same problem many times, all involving the sweep detect switch. 9 times out of 10 it was a coasting sweep motor, causing the sweep arm to go too far past zero, which would close the switch. With the sweep at maximun mechanical zero, tilt the switch assembly down until there is no play (or overtravel), then back up slightly to give it an overtravel safety zone.

If it still actuates twice, you're going to have to deal with the motor's drifting problem.

Comment

Yeah, happens to us too... all of you are right - drifting sweep motor causing sweep detect switch to "double actuate".

Comment

Also; A Jumped Sweep Switch will give you a gutter count. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
              If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

if you have sweep star5t switches, it may be worth checking that the sweep does not activate the switch twice, this is what it appears to me. You can adjust the switch down to close later or adjust the sweep up so that when it does its sweep reverce and return to zero , it only activates the switch once. The other things to check are 1. is the spring weak and causing it to bounce. 2. is the head od the bolt worn and the nipple on the micro falling into a hole. just remove the bolt , grind or file a flat surface and reset it and it will be fine.Sometimes even a second spring may be necessary.3.the micro could be sticking, if old.
                I hope this helps and am sure this is the problem.
                Accuscore start switches need to be resiliant.
                good luck.
                Maister

Comment

All of the above, and check your sweeep set up. Especially check that it is sitting at the right height when at zero, and check the crank arm, and rod ends on the motor connecting rod for any free play. This is on the right hand side of the sweep motor.

I always find the best way to check for free play is to put the sweep at guard position. With the motors unplugged push the sweep towards the pit then pull it back several times by hand. If the movement is excessive you have something worn.

Another quick way is to watch the sweep running from the approach area. If it looks like it changes speed as it's moving, that's also a good indication

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X