Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing issue I think

I have one machine that won't set pins after a strike, but not all the time. I know it's not the chassie becasue the problem stays with the machine when I change the chassie. I have Qubica scoring and it's scoring the strike but the machine won't set new pins. I do have the short x cycle on all chassies. Any ideas?
    Joe
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I was ever was. http://www.bowltech.com/forums/impor...2012/smile.gif

Re: Timing issue I think

If you still have wires running to the respot cells it could be that you have a respot cell with a broken spring giving a constant ground. If possible ,I would remove table wiring completely.

Comment

Is the pinspotter going into a second ball cycle and just not spoting the pins? or is it going through a respot cycle? If it is going into spot, and just not setting pins, you need to find out if the solenoid is trying to engage and cant, if it is not trying to engage. If it is engaging, it could be slopy roll pins in the eccentric(are there pins in the cups) is the table drifting?? Maybe going too far for the flag to activate?? (this could be many things). There are a few things to look into.

Comment

check your xlmp box (qubica, on the curtain wall) . The outputs of this box gives a X, foul, short cycle signal to your chassis.
        check the signal coming out the xlmp-box and check the scoring cable (APS) to your chassis.

Comment

I do not have table wires connected to the machine. The machines feels for pins and goes through the respot cycle just like you left a pin or pins standing. The scoring is marking a strike. Is there a way to check the xlmp box or do I need to change it with another pair?
          I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I was ever was. http://www.bowltech.com/forums/impor...2012/smile.gif

Comment

It definitely sound like there is something in the TAC board (or attached to it) grounding out... The scoring will operate correctly, but the grippers/TAC board wiring will override the short strike and extended functions (forcing the machine to run a regular 1st ball cycle) if any of them are shorted. Watch the LED's on the MK70EX board... there's a set of 4 LED's marked 1248, and one other. When the scoring reads, they should show the number of pins by additive indication (2 & 4 lit= 6 pins standing). The other LED is an "off normal/off spot" indicator... it comes on when the number of pins can't be determined, or if the machine goes into OOR.

Make sure no screws or wire bits have fallen on to the board and caused a short, and that none of the wires going to the TAC board are scraped and shorting to ground.

XLMPs are easy to test... Like you said, just change it out w/ another working pair and see if the trouble moves. It's only 2 mounting screws and a couple of plugs... takes a minute or two to swap it.

The only thing visual on them is if the LED stays RED constantly, or if it never 'flickers' when the machine is cycling. The indicator flashes red when it is sending or receiving data. If you watch the LED on it very carefully when people are bowling, you will see it very quickly flash to red and then back to green again... you have to watch it carefully, because it changes very fast. A magnifying glass makes it a bit easier to see it change.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

One thing I’d like to add. When changing any L-Com device the VDB Should have its 110v disconnected first.

Triac

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X