Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball ext

next question. We have another lane were the ball will enter the exit all the way. but the bal just spins inside the exit. i have to go back there and push the ball againts the lift belt.

Re: ball ext

See the other post about ball sticking... some of those items can affect the ball when it gets into the lift, too... especially the rubber 'ramp' in the saddle, and the filler pad centering.

Added to that, make sure that the starter pad (the rubber block that's opposite the kickers) is firmly seated and not worn down. It it molded with an oval, football-shaped flat spot in it... if you can't clearly see the edges of the molded-in flat spot, the pad may be worn down. It's pretty rare, as those pads last a long time. Also, it has to be seated in the metal bracket behind it... if it slips up out of the bracket a bit, it can hang the balls in the exit.

The lift height or centering may be off. When you look in from the back of the machine pair, the bottom pulley of the lift belt should be centered between the kickers, and the kickers should be centered between the sideplates. If anything is shifted out of line, the balls might not exit. As for height, the lift should be low enough that it can just brush the top of a ball that is placed centered in the exit. You have to be careful with this adjustment... too low, and the aluminum pulley can bite into the ball. To lower the lift, there are two adjustable rubber "christmas tree" blocks at the top center of the sideplates that the cross-shaft of the ball lift rests on. Move them down 1/2 or 1 turn at a time, then retest the lift. Once balls exit smoothly, don't go any farther. Lock them back down with the jam nuts.

Last thing, check the bottoms of the uptrack rail covers (the rubber tubes that cover the steel uptracks)... if the bottoms of them are worn down too much, they won't have enough pinch to keep the ball moving upward, and it'll fall back to the saddle.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Look for the shinny spots on the big filler piece below the lift. Glue a piece of distributor belt there to stop the spinning balls.
      Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

do you have kickers or PBL. If PBL sounds like lift arm too low and weight of ball is not activating ratchet assembly or rails are needing to be spaced nearer to the belt.if kickers good suggestions from The GMan 143 and toon30s.
        Maister

Comment

we have the kicker style system

Comment

Originally posted by toon30s:
            Look for the shinny spots on the big filler piece below the lift. Glue a piece of distributor belt there to stop the spinning balls.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Check your starter pad, Make sure it has not slipped up. Then check your ball lift belt clearance. Sounds like you might need to drop the belt down.

From the way it sounds, The ball is not having any prob. getting into the exit. He said it's spinning after it is in.
              Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

clean your ball lift belt. and shim your starer pad with 1 washer on each bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by old-school-mechanic:
                  The ball is not having any prob. getting into the exit. He said it's spinning after it is in.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">his other post sounded like a spinning prob, i just posted the pic here bein that looney toons brought it up [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

A lot of good advice has been given already. Here's mine. Been there done all that. Surprisingly the problem was solved by actually raising the elevator. Use the 2 big nobs half way down. Hey, throw one away into spare parts. So here's the first thing you do...next time a ball spins 3/4 of the way in...stand between the 2 machines, behind the elevator and pull up the elevator slowly...slowly... and if the ball pulls in and away. Hurrah. Adjust the 1 big nob half way to give you the height. My ex-problem was with light balls.

Don't work hard.....work smart.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X