Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotting

i am also having trouble with the spotting of new pins onto the deck. The shuttle will openand drop the pins into the table. Sometimes i have to wait for another set of pins to distribute into the table before it will spot a new set. I replaced the bin switch and am still having problems. Would it be the chassis???? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Re: spotting

Are you saying it is trying to spot pins all the time? This sounds mechanical if that isn't the case (maybe even if it is...) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

No. When it runs through the second ball cycle and goes to spot a new set of pins the shuttle will open like its supposed to and drop the pins. But instead of the rack setting the new set up, it will wait until another set of pins is distributed to the bins so the bin switch stays open.

Comment

This sounds like the solenoid is fireing but the table drive is not unlatching. If this is the case the pins will shuttle but the table will only go to reset height and the cups will turn half way. I would check the tabledrive assembly and the clevis eye bearings. If the pins shuttle into the cups and the table just stays put then it could be in the table cam microswitch or adjustment screw. If neither of these are whats happening a little more detailed info is needed and I am sure one of the other techs on this site will help you in the right direction.
        Also welcome to bowl tech. This site has helped me alot over the years.

Comment

Your description is still a little vague. But I will take a stab at it. What I am assuming happens is that the shuttle drops 10 pins into the cups, then the table just stops. Upon pressing the bin switch the table will spot just fine. Which is why when the dist gets back around to the 9 pin it finishes spotting fine. And to answer your ?, yes its probably in the chassi. There is a relay called SP. Try changing chassi and see if the problem follows. If you have an MP chassi make sure you have a cap in the wireway across terminals 32 and 34. The positive end of the cap is across 34. If you have SS chassi, more than likely its just a bad SP relay.

Wang

Comment

Good thought, Mreesr... it does sound like 'table zero' adjustments may need looking at... the latch may not be pulling up from the hub.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Good call Wang, if it starts to shuttle and stops, or shuttles all the way then stops odds are it's the SP relay (assuming we're dealing with Solid State chassis here), if not as mentioned it's probably either cams being out of adjustment or possibly a broken roll pin in the table drive.
              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I have seen this problem before. Yes, the table will go from 355 to 0, it will shuttle the pins and table will stop at 0. The problem is the spot relay in the chassis. Replace it and you should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by WangJ:
                  Your description is still a little vague. But I will take a stab at it. What I am assuming happens is that the shuttle drops 10 pins into the cups, then the table just stops. Upon pressing the bin switch the table will spot just fine. Which is why when the dist gets back around to the 9 pin it finishes spotting fine. And to answer your ?, yes its probably in the chassi. There is a relay called SP. Try changing chassi and see if the problem follows. If you have an MP chassi make sure you have a cap in the wireway across terminals 32 and 34. The positive end of the cap is across 34. If you have SS chassi, more than likely its just a bad SP relay.

Wang
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry Wang, I didnt read your complete answer before I responded. I think we are both in agreement that it is the SP relay.

Comment

interesting, if shuttle operates and table does not move till bin switch activated again, chassis or sb or ta2 or simply a bad connection , damaged wire from bin switch up wireway, it is connected under the cover in two plastic connection strips and maybe is damaged from bin switch to this point.If it does not spot pins first time, press the table button on outside of the MP chassis, if you have MP chassis and see if the table then spots. this would indicate a loose or bad connection in the bin switch circuit.as others have suggested, spotting relay etc all good information for you to work with.
                    Maister

Comment

Wangj has a good idea of what is going on. Problem is, i have changed the chassis out with another lane. the problem follows the chassis. i have changed the spotting relay with another chassis, even put a spotting relay and the problem still exists with that same chassis.

Comment

If the problem is following the chassis and you changed the SP relay (with the correct type I hope)…The next step is to change the SP socket. This will most likely cure your problem.

Also check the condition of C1-36 pin

Triac

Comment

I get this problem as well on a couple of lanes. Until I have it figured out, I just run 20 pins. Once in awhile I have to respond to a call and tap the bin switch. Usually that extra pin takes care of it. Tried new SP relay, tried giving it a little twist. Changed chasis. I have old 12v SP relays, now the book shows 10v. Any reason for the difference?
                          Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

We use a mixture of 12v and 10v with OmegaTek boards, mainly due to availability or price over the years. We have even used 24VAC M relays in place of SP if we've run out in the past (hardly ideal, though).

The SP relay is supposed to latch the Bin Switch input via pins 9 and 11 (11 is ground). Sounds like it isn't doing this.

You know the bin switch input is good because it spots when a pin holds the BS closed (or you hand). You also know the problem is in the chassis, but is not the relay itself.

As Triac said, the SP relay base could be suspect. Check the green wire from pin 11 to the gound terminal strip (BTW, if that wire is broken, your manager control frame counter will also not work). Check the blue wires that join on pin 9 (they are obviously connected because the BS input goes through them and is working, but perhaps they have come off the relay pin). Check pins 9 and 11 and replace if they look good (worn or fried).

Andrew.

Comment

Try swapping only the board or boards (depending on your setup) in the chassis to see if the problem follows, this should help to take one more thing out of the equation, or narrow it to the boards.

Charley

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X