Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/70 starting point

Hi guys! I'm new to the tech side of the sport, and I'm the only employee in an 8 lane center running old broken down 82-70's with the xl90 upgrade... is there a good starting point for me to try to learn... the biggest problem in the center is pin jams. I run fairly low lineage, because we are in an athletic club and it's members only, but I get about 15-20 a night and that's mostly on 2 machines... any help is great.

Re: 82/70 starting point

There can be many reasons and in order for us to be helpful we will need a little more info on the problem. The best thing that you could do for yourself at this point is to hire a part time service tech to fix your problems as well as give you some pinchasing training.

Comment

Ostto, I think the best place to start is with the manuals,start learning the parts of the pinspotter and what thay do.If you can start getting your distributors setup and adjusted that is were most of your calls come from. Bowl tech is one of the best tools you have, there are alot of good guys on here to help you. Thanks Chuck

Comment

no better to place to learn than here. do a search, for pinjams, in AMF pinspotter forums. just picka and choose which symptoms relate to yours and go for it

Comment

Good advice Coors, do look through the posts on here, and believe me there's many on the dist lol It's easily the most touchy part of a 70 and will take time to learn. If you can actually catch the machine as it piles up and post for us exactly what it's doing I'm sure we can help ya out until you get more familiar with the machines
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

yes, thats what we are here for. To HELP each other and to learn from each other. I have been in bowling for 51 years and still learn from people here, as well as offer advice.
            Maister.

Comment

I'm glad I have found some help on here... I've been debating the "bigger hammer" method lately with these things.

Comment

Originally posted by otto matic:
                I'm glad I have found some help on here... I've been debating the "bigger hammer" method lately with these things.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">First of all, no big hammers are necessary on these machines. These machines are fragile, they need loving care not brute strength. They do like to be talked to once in a while. Do not bad mouth the machines or they may bite.

Once you get the hang of these wonderful creatures you will enjoy your job much more.

Comment

You will larn a TON here! Heck, I only work on the electrical end of the machine &amp; scoring &amp; I have learned stuff about the machines I never even thought about b-4! I still get nervous around them "veg-o-matic" A-2's though.. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Post anything you have a question about, these guys know their stuff and area GREAT buncha guys!
                  You have found the bolwing "Mecca" here! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jon

http:home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/
                  [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
                  I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Otto: First thing (in case I forgot)... Welcome to Bowltech. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Clutch Plate said it right... Skip the "bigger hammer"... although some pecussive maintenance on the machines with the 30-oz "fine tuner" certainly can relieve some stress... once you come back to your senses, you'll be stressed even more because you now have a bigger repair job. And if you beat on 'em again to relieve that stress, pretty soon you're going to have little lumps of tinfoil at the end of 60 feet of wood... you will feel better, though... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

As for the dizzy, don't let it get to you... like Rep said... it's a trickier piece of equipment than it looks, and you are not going to know all about it in a week, or even a year... I'm not the least bit ashamed to say I've been wrenching over 15 years on machines, and I can't begin to tell you exactly how to solve every problem you will come across with the distributor. Just take it in stride... A little adjustment here or there, a little at a time, and you'll have 'em running good. Once you get them there, it'll be a lot easier to keep them that way.

Keep watching them and posting to us what you find them doing when they act up... we'll take it one at a time, and when you get a problem solved, you'll know how to do it if it happens again.
                    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Originally posted by otto matic:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Otto matic. Bigger hammer = bigger headaches on bowling machines, especially 70's. Until you solve the riddle of the distributor you will never have a good running machine. If you can't get pins to the bins properly how are they gonna store in the bins, shuttle and then spot. We learned this the hard way. Work down from the dist., bins, shuttle and then eventually to the tables. This seems to be working for us.

Welcome to the forum and good luck.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X