Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep rigging Jerry style

Here is a picture of a braced sweep. Its jerry rigging 101. The brace is 1/4 in steel right angled bracket. I've fixed three this way and so far so good. The brace was made by a machine class at a local university. One of our bowlers teaches the class so it was really easy to have the class make the brace.

Wang

Re: Sweep rigging Jerry style

I did dozen's of those repairs in San Diego. Got to where it nearly doubled the weight of the sweep assembly.

Made the installation a little cleaner by inserting t-nuts under the bar. It does require drilling some small holes for the barbs on the t-nuts to fit into (the bar's too hard the barbs to be hammered it)
    -- Larry

Comment

Why fix junk.

Put on new sweep assemblies.

Comment

We lightened up our sweep assemblies by using structural aluminum square tube in place of the heavy sweep bar... All that's required is two simple cutouts at each end, and 2 holes drilled.

Works like a champ... very light & strong... the only other addition I had to do to the aluminum bars is to blow them full of expanding foam and rivet on a piece of carpet to the back edge of it so the pins don't make a loud 'clank' when they hit it.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Hey Jerry I Could Say The Same About Some Ball
          Lift Systems Out There! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
            Why fix junk.

Put on new sweep assemblies.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We did eventually. Problem was prying the money out of the owners for them.
            -- Larry

Comment

Originally posted by WHERE IS THE SHOT:
              Hey Jerry I Could Say The Same About Kicker Ball
              Lift
              Systems [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fixed.

Comment

Stop Typing Words In My Thread You KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I've Just Got The Balls To Say It.
                Final Fix............

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X