Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAPACITOR Tester.

The best $50.00 you will ever spend.

If the owner tells you this is too much for this item, tell him about the man hours, equipment loss and headaches caused by searching for bad capacitors!*

If this doesn't do it, tell him he missed his calling. He should run the shell game at one of the traveling carnivals that comes through once a year. You know the guy with 3 halved walnut shells and a kernel of corn, bilking people out of their hard earned money. The only expense he will have is renting his space. LOL

*Once in awhile you run across a cap that reads fine but still doesn't function properly. Noticed this in the past few years, especially ones coming from foreign countries.

Re: CAPACITOR Tester.

Do you think I need one?
    [img]http://pic17.****************/VOL856/934456/3560906/75016341.jpg[/img]
    One picture is worth a thousand words... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    So it goes.

Comment

WOW,I finaly found my long lost brother.How is mom doing.

Comment

Team the cap. meter with a ESR meter and you'll find that "good" bad capacitor...
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Thats a two thumbs on that one Lampie..LOL

Thanks for the info wb8yjf.

Comment

Specialized testers are a good idea... I have a BK PRECISION 'Test Bench' meter that has served me well for a lot of years working on these machines... it's your everyday DMM, with the added capability of testing diodes, capacitors, and transistors. Saved me a lot of time with machine electrical and chassis work.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Got one....Love it!!!

Comment

I have one as well. It is an excellent tool

Mike
                Mike Wilson
                Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

A new capacitor is only $8.

Comment

that is a great tool

especially when the cap goes and you don't have to remove motor to fix just d\change the cap

also when troubleshooting ac units as well

i found it at a local ac supply house

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AWWW, come on now Jerry and spring fifty bucks and get one of these. Don't you charge 50 an hour for service work? Didn't I see on another of your threads that the caps were labled wrong and it was a big headache for you to sort out the problem? Bet it took you the better part of an hour just to do this 3 minute job; (I know this only takes 3 minutes). If this happened on one of your service jobs, don't you feel like you screwed the owner out of 57 minutes of his hard earned money??? Know I would. Now lighten up Jerry and get you one. You'll wonder how you ever did without it. And: The owner will think your a genius when you get a machine running that's been down for 3 days; in less than 10 minutes!!!

Comment

The tester is awsome....That said, it would not detect where the cap went, simply if it was good or not, and you have to disconect it for it to work in the first place.

Following the wires to thier destination does not take an hour, and I bet it didnt take Jerry more than 15 minutes to figure it out....lol

I dont always see eye to eye with him, but he is a good tech.

Paul
                        (cought strep, and I am feeling a bit feaverish, it will pass)

Comment

Originally posted by Kingram:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AWWW, come on now Jerry and spring fifty bucks and get one of these. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jerry doesn't need a capacitor tester.

What he needs, is a table drive shaft bearing tester. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dufresne:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kingram:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AWWW, come on now Jerry and spring fifty bucks and get one of these. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jerry doesn't need a capacitor tester.

What he needs, is a table drive shaft bearing tester. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL! You better duck the punches being thrown after that remark Andy LOL [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                            All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by Rep:
                              You better duck the punches being thrown after that remark Andy LOL [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think he's taller than me Rep. Should make it easier to duck [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Bob and weave... bob and weave. If that fails, I'll try the rope-a-dope.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X