Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis Types

Alright guys, I hate to fill the board with these easy questions, but I've been wondering about something. Can someone please give me a run down of all the AMF chassis types and each function they supported. I'm trying to figure out exactly what setup the house I bowl in is running. They run 82-70s with nothing like auto-strike cycles or short cycles, but they do have an auto reset for the tenth frame and no-tap bowling. I hope you guys can help out.. You always do.

Matt

Re: Chassis Types

why dont you get the Head Mechanic of that center to explain all the functions of the equipment!!!! not being a smart butt. but iam sure it would be more imformative then we can be
    DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Good suggestion man, but the only problem is that the head mechanic just quit. :S

Comment

i was in the same spot almost ten years ago. Got hired in the kitchen, learned to chase calls, and the head Mech quit. I was head mech by default all of a sudden. Amazing how quick time flies when youre thrown to the wolves. Here it is ten years later, and I....am....the....man. But you all knew that. Fortunately theres a bazillion sources for your AMF needs. Carl , at Amf, comes to mind. Alot of guys here come to mind. AMF pinsetter manuals and even parts books (that sounds crazy, but a parts book will teach you much) will further you. My advice to you initially is this; sit your heinee on a machine night after night and WATCH. Observe. Watch what's connected to what, what does what, what happens when this is bent, etc.... Pace up and down the catwalks and soak it all in. You'll see individual components at first, but eventually i swear you will see is fall together like a big puzzle. Best of luck to you, and ask away.
        The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasBowler:
          Alright guys, I hate to fill the board with these easy questions, but I've been wondering about something. Can someone please give me a run down of all the AMF chassis types and each function they supported. I'm trying to figure out exactly what setup the house I bowl in is running. They run 82-70s with nothing like auto-strike cycles or short cycles, but they do have an auto reset for the tenth frame and no-tap bowling. I hope you guys can help out.. You always do.

Matt
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well odds are if you have no shortened cycles, they're running good ol SS (Solid State) chassis's. The tenth frame double cycle and no tap functions are controlled by the scoring which tells the machine what to do as far as that goes. Might have the old 5 boards in the chassis still or with a conversion, most likely MK-70's from Omega-Tek (Which RULE by the way). Watch the machines as they run, if the sweep goes up WAY before the table odds are they still have the old 5 boards, or old MK-70's. Ask one of the mechanics if you can, thats the best way to find out really
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Where at in Arkansas? What type of scoring is in use in your center?

Comment

Chassis 101
              1. A/B Chassis - fills the whole chassis mount. Filled with relays and steppers - JUNK
              2. SS Chassis - solid state - factory supplied with 5 pc cards - conversions from AMF (XOP), Omega Tek, and ZOT (Creative Technologies). with expanders and correct scoring signal will provide short cycles. The best chassis for most applications
              3. MP Chassis - 1 board from AMF - short cycles with correct scoring. Best repaired by dropping off end machine onto concrete floor.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                Chassis 101
                1. A/B Chassis - fills the whole chassis mount. Filled with relays and steppers - JUNK
                2. SS Chassis - solid state - factory supplied with 5 pc cards - conversions from AMF (XOP), Omega Tek, and ZOT (Creative Technologies). with expanders and correct scoring signal will provide short cycles. The best chassis for most applications if you cant afford MP's.
                3. MP Chassis - 1 board from AMF - short cycles with correct scoring. dont need to be repaired as they never break.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">fixed

Comment

easy way to tell, when do the 1st/2nd ball lights change?

MP - if they change when sweep runs into pit
                  SS - When sweep returns to zero (up)
                  A/B - When sweep Starts Up from 2nd guard

also, does the sweep and table start going up at the same time? or does the table get half way up, and then the sweep starts up.

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                    Chassis 101
                    2. SS Chassis - solid state - factory supplied with 5 pc cards - conversions from AMF (XOP), Omega Tek, and ZOT (Creative Technologies). with expanders and correct scoring signal will provide short cycles. The best chassis for most applications if you cant afford MP's.
                    3. MP Chassis - 1 board from AMF - short cycles with correct scoring. dont need to be repaired as they never break. ]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">not fixed </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Lol, thought you would like that one Jerry.

Comment

oops sorry I guess that presents a problem what city in arkansas are ya in Iam in shreveport Louisiana!!!!

Comment

I'm in Paragould men. Town of 22,000 people and only has a 12 lane bowling center. :S I guess that does prove bowling is bigger in the north than in the south. :p

The scoring package we use is Dacos. Our center is the only one I have ever seen with Dacos, which is probably a good thing. The thing hasn't run very well since day one. :S The lights turn off when the sweep returns to zero too, I believe.

Matt

Comment

if that center has dacos I feel for them the 44 laner I used to be head mechanic at had dacos It was nothing but a bunch of crap.we had a bad strorm 1 night and lightning got into the MSU`s in the scoring consoles and shorted the whole network out.we robbed the overhead msu`s to get the scorers to at least work insurance finaly payed for 80% of the damage and they pulled out that crap deep 6 it and installed frameworx that system has hardly no problems!!!ps dacos has been out of business for several years now good luck finding parts!!

Comment

The scoring will be one thing that determines if you have the quick strike or sweep reverse, and then, of course, which chassis.
                              If you have Brunswick AS-80,90 or frameworks, you will not get a data stream from that scoring regardless of the chassis on the machine. That scoring will only send cycle switch closure for 10th frame and no-tap.
                              If you have even old amf scoring (magic score), you can have the short cycles with either 5 board chassis with single board upgrades (or in the case of omega tek, the expander boards). Qubica will send the signals if you have the XL-MP boards, and Steltronic will send the signals with from the API, but it still takes a chassis like an MP or a modified 5 board to execute the short cycles.
                              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X