Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intermintent no cycle

the topic says it all, i have two lanes that on the strike cycle will not give bowlers a set of pins on the deck until you force it to cycle. i have indeed ripped out the 5 boards (may i mention how theraputic using them for target practice is!) and replced them with m-tek boards (no pin) and still a random problem with no strike cycle. the masking unit does show that it is getting sgnal from fingers on table that all pins fell.

sorry for the rookie question, but what do expect from a rookie

thanx in advance everyone, Jeremy

hope your christmas rocked and Happy New Years to everyone.
    just feeling my way out like a blind man at an orgy.

Re: intermintent no cycle

UMMMMMMM ok
    When you say (FORCED)to cycle ?? What do you mean??
    On strike cycle the sweep comes down & tables feels for pins, Sweep runs thru then waits for table to shuttle pins ??
    Do you have to hit the stepper switch then cycle it again ?

First check your micro switch in the #9 bin.
    Then check your O.S switch. More info would be helpfull.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Little more info please.

Does your scoring interface with the machine operation? For example do you have a short strike cycle… whereas the table does not feel for pins when a strike is thrown?

If the scoring does not interface with the machine operation and your table always comes down to feel for pins, then I would suspect that one ore more of your RSC wires is grounding. This could be due to the tiny adjusting screw that is on each RSC. Check all of these screws and make sure they are adjusted properly and that you don’t have excess slop in the RSC itself.

Triac

Comment

by forcing cycle i mean the switch on the ball return or using pc.

table comes down, feels for pins, indicates strike on mask, table goes back up, sweep runs clearing deck. now heres where the prob is, instead of sweep stopping in guard position & table setting pins, the sweep returns to its start position.

the part that baffles me is that it does it about every other or third strike thrown.

Comment

Ok a little clearer. Check your wires at the cushion switch and make sure they are not grounding or touching each other.

Triac

Comment

Just a suggestion or two:
            problem I've experienced, there is a spring behind the catch to release the eccentric for a long stroke, this spring has sprung on me in the past and will not allow the table to make a long stoke. So I would ask? are the pins in the cups or still in the bins? and is the spring sprung???
            Also how does your selonoid linkage look?? especially if the sweep is returning to 0.
            If its SIMS, its only a game.
            Just hit reset.

Comment

Originally posted by simbowling2002:
              Just a suggestion or two:
              problem I've experienced, there is a spring behind the catch to release the eccentric for a long stroke, this spring has sprung on me in the past and will not allow the table to make a long stoke. So I would ask? are the pins in the cups or still in the bins? and is the spring sprung???
              Also how does your selonoid linkage look?? especially if the sweep is returning to 0.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">pins are not in cups, the shuttle does load pins, as far as the spring goes it in is tact, i will check selonoid linkage. thanx

Comment

Is the seloniod firing intermittenly??
                Sp relay good or going bad?
                or linkage jambing?
                Just a few more for ya.
                SIM
                Keep us posted.
                If its SIMS, its only a game.
                Just hit reset.

Comment

I see where simbowling2002 is going, but we need a little more info that is not clear in your post.

Does the sweep stop at second guard position waiting for a table that doesn’t spot?
                  Does the sweep not stop and the table does not spot?
                  Does the sweep just keep running past second guard to zero without stopping?
                  After the table feels for pins on the first ball does it go down a second time when its supposed to spot but it is going down to feel again?

Step by step of what is going on would really help us.

Example:
                  Sweep drops first guard
                  Table feels for pins and sweep runs through and stops at second guard
                  Table comes down but does not spot pins and sweep goes to zero

Triac

Comment

Sounds to me like the table is not runing the secont time at all.

Sweep drops. Table feels....Sweep runs....and keeps right on going to zero, is that correct??

I would check the cam switches first. Sounds like sweep is (sometimes) over running on second guard and just never stops.

Do you have, by any chance, a spider relay installed?? Some after market device to give an automatic reverse on sweep reverse, and have you seen it happen from front.

Long Shot Theory (grasping as straws, 1st instinct would be cam swithces) false off spot, and it is actulay a foul on the mask, not a strike?? (probably would happen on cycles other than strikes, so this probably isnt the problem)

Try swaping the chassis with a lane that is not having problems, see if it follows.

Comment

J-man take a working chassis off another machine &amp; trade this chassis with that 0ne. See if the problem moves. We need to start eliminating things. Just because you put m-tech boards in dont mean anything as they went into the same chassis. That should be your first move. By checking off one thing at a time. Sooner or later you will find the problem. Start with the easiest first, then work from there.

Comment

Backup Ta1?

Rotate The Cam Back Or Away From You
                        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

If problem stays. Then I'd follow Jim's advice &amp; check your cam switches. Check the cam's &amp; micro switches on Both sweep &amp; table.

Comment

Are the AMP plugs on the machine side in good shape? C2a?
                            Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

sounds to me like machine is going thro a normal first ball cycle.could be a cell is grounding and machine still thinks a pin is there.also offspot switch may be out of adjustment. also cams SB TA2.
                              the fact that it puts ten pins down after hitting 10th.frame switch indicates machine is getting a different signal than scoring.
                              just a few ideas.
                              good luck.
                              maister.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X