Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawl?

Once again, I appologize for my ignorance on this entire subject, but I'm working on it... I've read about this "pawl" a couple times now, but I have yet to see where or what it is. Any help will and always has been greatly appreciated.

Marc

Re: Pawl?

You spelt it wrong, but I am Paul....(LOL...JK)

The Pawl is sometimes called the finger link. It is on the machine end of the respot rod, above it. It actuates the 'W' cam, sometimes known as the batwing. It is what causes the cells to open and close. It is about 4 inches long, smaller on one end than the other, and will have a spring on it when installed in the machine.

Dont apologise. The only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

Paul

Comment

The pawl is responsible for closing and opening the respot cells or 'fingers'. when the table descends to feel for pins, it pushes on the shifter link or (batman cam, slang) to close the fingers to pick up pins and when the table goes down again it will "flip" up to open the fingers. It is very clear in the manual. The book says 1/8 gap on the center point of the cam but with wear on the machines, I go with 1/16 gap. You can see it operate from the cat walk, then it all becomes clear just how it works.
      Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

I hope this helps. If you look in the parts manual on page 9 (Table Assembly) item 45. The part is actually called a Finger Link. If you do not have an updated parts manual you can download one from the AMF web site. One way that I found to learn about what parts are and where they go is to just sit and look thru the manual. You will find that alot of names that people use for some of the parts are different. After a while the terminolagy will sink in. Good luck to you.
        SGT
        U.S. Army/AVN
        Retired

Comment

lol...thats where I got fingerling came from...lol I honestly thought it was another nick name...lol

Comment

Honestly I don't know where all these nicknames come from, it's strange how they are passed down from one mech.to another and from one center to another. Who knows in time maybe the parts book will start calling them what we call them.
            SGT
            U.S. Army/AVN
            Retired

Comment

I hear that....You got the "coconuts" up there?? Never heard that till I moved tot he east coast. Over 3 years later and I still dont see it!!

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Remember the "Pubic Hair" adjustment!
                  So it goes.

Comment

.50 M2 Machine Gun :p
                    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Ah, you mean the "dilly-wobbler".
                      Ray Jordan
                      Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
                      Australia

Comment

Originally posted by rrev:
                        Ah, you mean the "Willy-wobbler".
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fixed
                        So it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by felix:
                          .50 M2 Machine Gun :p
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, it's a dog!

So it goes.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X