Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep motor not running

Hi,there´s a customer of us in Germany,he has 82-70´s with MP-chassis,he has the problem that on one machine the sweep doesn´t run,he has quality motors,when the motor is given some help it runs,this is what has been checked,chassis changed,cable to motor checked,even took it out complete on tested on other machine,Microswitches checked and even replaced all 3,capicitors replaced with new ones,checked the resistor for continuity,motor tested on other machine,none of this has solved the problem,any of you guys any ideas,(230V).

Re: sweep motor not running

Check the sweep reverse switch.

Comment

Did you check for bad/burnt C1 pins on chassis and machine end?
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Just because a capacitor is new does not always mean that it is good.

Change sweep start capacitor with one machine that is working.
        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Can also be : sweep run switch or circuit breaker in control box.

Comment

I am not too famililar with 230, but I assume it is similar to 110... I am not clear on what has happened so far. Does the problem follow the chassis? If so, sounds like poor contacts. (does he have allen bradly or Seimens?)Or it could be the relays or relay sockets. If it follows the motor, it sounds like it is bad centrifigal switch or mechanism.

Keep us posted.

Paul

Comment

Check the sweep reverse switch like King said(Does the motor run in reverse?).
              Change the female motor plug, although you checked it it can still have bad connections(I now that from experience).
              Maybe my brother played with the wires on the C1 plug and put them back on the wrong place.

230V hard wiring
              [img]http://pic17.****************/VOL856/934456/1718790/46867035.jpg[/img]

ps This is not my cat [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

[img]http://pic17.****************/VOL856/934456/1718790/46611025.jpg[/img]

Hoi Sven, alles goed?
              Gelukkig nieuw jaar alvast!

Martin
              So it goes.

Comment

Ja dank je,alles ok hier,was maand geleden nog in Scheveningen maar geloof niet dat je er was,ook een goede duik in het nieuwe jaar,now in English,problem doesn´t follow chassis and doesn´t follow motor,I talked to them yesterday and told them to check sweep reverse switch,haven´t heard from them yet,but sweep didn´t run with sweepreverse,about the female plug they took out the complete cable and put it in an other machine and there no problem.
                For everybody a happy new year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sven:
                  Ja dank je,alles ok hier,was maand geleden nog in Scheveningen maar geloof niet dat je er was,ook een goede duik in het nieuwe jaar,now in English,problem doesn´t follow chassis and doesn´t follow motor,I talked to them yesterday and told them to check sweep reverse switch,haven´t heard from them yet,but sweep didn´t run with sweepreverse,about the female plug they took out the complete cable and put it in an other machine and there no problem.
                  For everybody a happy new year.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The sweep reverse switch will wear out and short.
                  Then the S motor wont run in either direction since it is wired in the circuit.

Comment

All great advice. Almost everything that’s been previously posted will cause the problem you describe as long as the relay is energizing. Of which I assume problems on the high voltage side, since you said that you can get it going with help.

My strongest suspicion is the sweep reverse switch and the sockets in the C1 plug (machine side), particularly the sockets third row from the top.

If your customer went through all that trouble to put the sweep cord on another machine for test, I would have just left it there and taken the other cord from the test machine and put it on the problem machine. It's possible that cord might have wires inside that are intermittently making contact. By swapping it you would know if the problem moved or not.

Triac

Comment

I almost forgot…Ask your customer if there is a relay in the BE mechanics control box. This relay was installed for some older scoring systems to reverse the sweep on a gutter ball and if defective or bad wiring it will cause the sweep motor to humm and trip the KX.

I doubt there is a relay in the control box, because I don’t think this relay is needed for the MP chassis. However it might be there if the MPs were installed at a later time.

Just something else to look at.

Triac

Comment

what do you have for a motor start. Is there a centrifigal or a solid state motor start relay.
                        sounds like it is in the motor. change out the centrifigal mech if that is in there it will cause a intermitant stopping.

Comment

sounds like motor not getting full voltage.check voltage at motor plug.if you dont have 240v motor will run slow or not at all.I know this has been a problem in the past in Germany, i have worked there. If motor works ok why not test it with table plug and that way it will get table voltage and hopefully will narrow it down a little. I suspect C1 plug , contactor in chassis or possibly sweep run switch in back box.
                          interested to here what resolves this one please.
                          thanks.
                          maister.

Comment

check in wireways under chassis and boxbeam that something has not fallen across the sweep power terminals in the tag strip. sorry i forgot to add this.
                            maister

Comment

i double what king says. Sweep Run or Reverse switch.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X