Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevator Ring Tube

Well, I walked in at Midnite tonite to find a broken pin elevator ring tube on lane 5. Big props to my man Pat who stayed after his shift to give me a big hand replacing the bastard. Been 10 years since I've had to replace one. Only took a little less than 2 hours. Hopefully it'll be another 10 before I have to replace another one [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Pat, thanks for your help!

Bob

Re: Elevator Ring Tube

Manuvering the elevator assembly can be a b!tch. Always good to have an extra hand.

Comment

Handtruck! Cribbing!
      Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

How could you ever lose a ring tube?

Do they just fail on their own?

I tighten the bolts securing the pinwheel yearly.

Comment

bad bearings, not picked up in time, and ring tube gets pitted marks and eventually can give up as it jumps over the pit marks, little indentations on the inside of the ring tube.look for the tell tale metal dust under the pinwheel. some centres just think the knocking noise is normal but it can be a failed top bearing and eventually the ring tube gets a hole in it and it splits.
          maister

Comment

Metal dust under the pinwheel? I'd never see that...there's so much grease & oil on that ring tube, the brarings could be frozen up and I think it would still have enough 'skid' to keep turning... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I lost a couple a while back on the machines we purchased when we expanded... not much maintenance on 'em when we got them in, they had a broken mounting that caused it to go out of round, then finally snapped.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Anyone notice how the replacement ring tubes dont really fit onto the existing holes? Maybe its just Vantage, but I had a bastard of a time getting the last one . We tried to ride it into the building. Didn't work out very well.
              The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
                Maybe its just Vantage
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I experienced the same thing about 5 years ago. dont know if vantage has addressed it yet, ive ordered AMF since, like a wet dream.

I had to replace 3 pinwheels when i took over this center. vibrated so loud desk would only give out if enough buisness. i too have seen the metal dust under pin wheels. now im like Gman. id rather have oil drippin on the floor than a pin wheel go bye bye.

Comment

This actually was a Vantage one we pulled out. This happened to be the last one I replaced, as a matter of fact. All bolts were tight, all 4 rollers are in excellent shape, and PLENTY of lubrication. It was a clean break, no wear anywhere else on the tube. I remember back then I did have a bad run of Vantage tubes, but they have since changed they way they make them and they are a lot stronger now. The one we put in last nite was a good ole AMF...had lotsa dust on it (from sittin in storage), along with the invoice with it dated 1994 [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] BTW, why do you think they make them hollow instead of solid steel? I know it would cost more and it would be heavier on the bearings, but I don't think you'd have a problem with breakage. I'd much rather have to replace a bearing ANYTIME than a tube.

Comment

I have two vantage ring tubes that were here before I started working here. One is still running fine the other broke at one of the mounting tabs where the weld is. Not sure if I stressed it when mounting or just a bad weld. I have had to install a total of five (the other three are amf) and the most recent two I used the enviro rollers I got from ebn. Super quiet and no mess on the floor.

Comment

In 16 (Nov. begins my 17th year) I have never had to change one. (knock on wood) and I am not looking forward to doing it...lol Heard ghost stories, and I am happy to lube and clean drips...lol

Comment

Ring tubes are LOADS of fun to change on '30s. I've never looked, how do they attatch to a '70 wheel?
                        Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

With 7 screws, nuts on the back that go into brackets welded onto the ring....book sais to hand the assebly with bailing wire as you take it apart...what a mess...lol

Comment

Little legs off of the inner edge of the ring that bolt to the wheel with round-head carriage bolts.

I never had too much trouble pulling a wheel... other than it's a bit heavy and VERY ungainly, it's not a difficult process. I'd rather do that than pull a bounceplate or X-frame any day.

Coors: "id rather have oil drippin on the floor than a pin wheel go bye bye"

Yeah, us too... Bearing grease and a paintbrush, bud... paint it right on to the tube as it's turning. Forget those stupid oiler pots... they were a pi$$poor idea.
                            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Wow...lol I realy dont mind bounce plates. I cnat compare to a tube, as I have never had the pleasure. Yoke, hard to say, they arent my favorite job...lol but, I do what I need to do!!

Paul

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X