Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF Belts

Is anyone using the new AMF grey distributor belts?

What do you think of them?

Do they have good pin transfer?

Does dist run smoothly with them?

Do they track well?

Do they shed and make a mess?

Do you recommend them?

What is the part #?

I work for an AMF center and we are no longer able to order parts from anyone but AMF?

Is this the newest belt that AMF has?

Re: AMF Belts

Originally posted by Clutch Plate:
    Is anyone using the new AMF grey distributor belts?

What do you think of them?

They're okay. Must be skived like the black rough top. They should have shipped with the thicker lacings and pin.

Do they have good pin transfer?

Yes, pretty good.

Does dist run smoothly with them?

This belt has caused me some issues with the carriage not wanting to extend fast enough from the 8 to 5 and 9 to 1 causing some very interesting jams. I've had to either stretch the linear spring to the void on the front of the distributor casting or drill a small hole in the casting above the belt tracking ass'y and mount it there. This kind of puzzles me since I run my eccentrics on the "loose" side anyways. I think it's because the texture of the belt surface is very tacky, it causes some hangup going around the belt tracking ass'y.

Do they track well?

If cut straight when cutting from the roll, yes. I use a table top paper cutter so I'm sure my cut is straight the first time.

Do they shed and make a mess?

I've had alot of these guys shed the little "nobbies" and find them all over the table ass'y. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] They are not rubbing on belt guards or anything like that. It's a nice little indentation from where the pin contacts the belt. It's either the lane oil we use (Reactor LL [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] or the Legends pin deck treatment.)

Do you recommend them?

The jury's still out on this.

What is the part #?

070-011-??? Oh, crap. I'll look it up when I get in the shop and edit this post with the rest of the part number.

EDIT: 070-011-905 Grey Grip Belt Roll of 3.

I work for an AMF center and we are no longer able to order parts from anyone but AMF?

Is this the newest belt that AMF has?
    Yes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Thank you Kat, I really appreciate your detailed description of the belt, unfortunately Im not too excited to order these belts do to what you have experienced with them. I may be better off sticking to what Ive got.

The belts I have are the green ones from Vantage and they are great. They have not stretched much in a year, they dont make a mess, the distributors run great. The only thing is that they are starting to loose their "grab".

Kat , you dont have to bother getting me the part #, I think I will stick to what I have for now.

Thanks again,

Mike

Comment

Mike:

The green Vantage belts are great. I've got a couple here and they still run like new.

I attatched a pic to show what the wear of the Grey Grip belt looks like. You can see dead smack in the middle of the belt (where the pins sit) has lost most of the raised surface. You may have to save the pic to your PC and zoom in to see more detail.

--Kat

Comment

hey guys i'm new to this but i do have a sugestion on that belt. have you heard of lane dynamics. they make a belt that works great. it will grab those pins and throw them off the dist. like you wouldn't belive. they also don't strecth. Part # 974000
          There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Kat.....please post a larger picture.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
              Kat.....please post a larger picture.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Easily done. :p

I knew it was going to be a b!tch, especially for the dial-up guys, but I wanted to make sure Mike got to see the detail. Maybe I'll trim it down some.

--Kat

Comment

Image re-sized for Jerry. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

--Kat

Comment

Man thats some wear in the middle, and I would bet the belt in under a year old. Kat Im happy to hear you like the Vant. belts as much as I do. I just wish they had a little more "grab" than they do. What do you think, should I just stick with the green ones or try the grey ones?

70's Monkey I cannot order from anyone other than AMF or I would try what you suggested.

Comment

Keep what you got. JMHO.

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kat:
                      Keep what you got. JMHO.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you.

Comment

I luv the grey belts myself. havent had a prob. i do have one dist that had a prob like Kat described, glad to hear there is another. Dist runs great, just linear spring is a bit Unique.

Also funny to hear, i have the belt shedding their nubbies off too, and i also use Legends Pindeck Treatment.

The nubbies shedding doesnt cause any probs, are soft and still have GREAT traction after about 2 years now. I retired the teal belts, no traction and this isnt a knock to those who luv them, to each their own) they are now in my spare "just in case" box.

#070-011-905 or order from Ed Fox

Comment

I think the green belts from vantage works great I have a few on my machines and they still look brand new!!
                          DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

I used the gray belt for about 2 years on a couple of machines and mine looks worse then that picture. Top layer is almost gone. I will have to replace soon. It is not that bad other wise.

Comment

I use the grey belts from stahls work awesome no complaints here

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X