Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBL

OK, another question from your curious ex-pinchaser/mechanic wannabe. I worked with the kicker style ball lifts, but I've never seen the PBL's. How do the PBL's work and how do they differ from the kicker system?

-Dave

Re: PBL

Gravity makes the ball roll & enter the exit. The weight of the ball triggers a mechanical arm that lifts the ball up against the lift belt. Kinda hard to explain it clearly. This is a time visual affect's would come in handy. Where's that Kat when you need him. OHHHH felix ! ! !
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

there are no kicker wheels, no kicker belts, major plus right there. the ball simply goes to the ball door, plops down in the hole. there is a lift arm in the center between the two doors. the weight of the ball causes a spring loaded do-dad to drop, which grabs onto the "ratchet wheel" which is located on the even lane kickback, opposite the spring tensioner. the ratchet wheel is driven by a belt, attatched to the even lane side of the ball lift pulley, just like the paddle drive is attatched to the odd lane side. as the do-dad spins around, this cause the lift arm to lift ball to belt, and up it goes. paddle is the same but different if ya know what i mean.

PBL's gotta bad rap in the early 90's from yo yo's from all the conditioner bein applied cuz of reactive (cheater) balls. this was when Humpbacks became fashionable. now that manufacturers have softer rails to help with yo-yo'ing. PBL's are awesome again. IMHO

Comment

Wow, that's sort of how I envisioned the thing working. Now I'm sure the two places I bowl at have PBL's. The ball doesn't get "sucked" into the ball exit...It just gently rolls in. Now I've gotta ask the mechanic to bring me down back and show me. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice post COORS
          I couldnt remember the do-dad & thing-a-magig. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] But I got the rest mostly right. :p
          Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

There is a kit to change kickers to pbl and i have installed a number throughout Europe. It certainly works well, no aluminum plates etc.as coors and davect say the ball rolls in and activates a the lift arm by pushing it down and with the new rails available now, it lifts all bowling balls.Other than that pretty well summed up by the above members. I have heard bowlers say that the ball lift at the approach is to lift the ball because it would not get back to them otherwise. This could not be further from the truth as it is there to slow the ball down and gently pop it on to the rack.
            over 50 years ago all we had was a steel ring and we tied towel round it to act as a brake but it did not stop us pinboys giving it a little extra push from the pit area, if a bowler had upset you, and watch as they quickly withdrew their fingers, all this was overlane, so they could see the ball coming. This was followed by a small shock absorber type pad which the weight of the ball pushed down and let the ball thro.Now what do we have, well, fancy gizmos and covers and small openings for kids to peek into and put their hands into. Progress, well, i wonder.
            Sorry this is off the thread but hope i did not bore you.
            maister.

Comment

PBL-video
              So it goes.

Comment

Wow. I've never seen a WORKING light ball sensor in action. When I first started at one of my places in 1983, the previous mechanic had gutted all the LBS's from the machines and just had the rods and cam follower thingys. I have since pulled most of them out and have the spring laoded drive links. Again, great video Lampie.

Comment

LBS suck best thing to do is to put a reduction pulley on the kicker style rudder assy along with a super rudder drive link the rudder arm works like a champ as long as ya have the rudder adjusted to where is huvers to 1 side of the machine for 3 secs and ya stroke is even it works as good as the LBS I hardly ever get ball calls with those items installed on the rudder!!!
                  DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X