Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearings

What type of bearings do you prefer for you upper and lower shafts of your ball lift?

1. regular(round bore)

2. "D" bore

3. old style(locking collar on extended race)

I have tried all styles and have grown to love the old style. There is no torquing of nuts, only has retaining rings. Also if you have tight kickbacks, like I do, it fits easier into place.

Re: bearings

Round bore with lock nuts.

The D bore shafts are too soft and it is hard to get the shaft out.

Comment

Round bores, just seem to turn the inner race into a lathe for the shaft. Ive only lost One D_Bore which i attribute to Stress from Humpbacks. Virtually all Ball lifts ive done since 92ish have been D-Bores

Comment

#3...There is more room for adjustments and to get the belts around lower shaft with this style than with #1. I found that when the D bore bearing goes bad, the lift stops turning. I tried one D bore style and that's what happened. I like the original style best.

Comment

I used to run standard bearings top and bottom(to save money), but I experienced the same problem as coors only on the bottom bearings. I run “D”s on the bottom and standard on top. I now get 2-3 times the life than I was getting when running standards all the way around.

Triac

Comment

If you torque the nuts correctly the shaft cannot turn inside the bearing race.

Comment

I've been using D-bores without any problems. Use a torque wrench for best results.

Pete

Comment

I never had any problems with d bore shafts and bearing humpbacks seem to stress the bearings and cause them to fail prematuraly I been a mechanic 14 yrs and have used dbores on my lifts since they were intoduced in 93 and only lost 1 set
                DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

D-bore on lower shaft, whatever I find in the upper shaft.
                  No problems with getting the lower D-shafts out over here.
                  So it goes.

Comment

I have only been working on AMF machines since 2001 (82/90XL) and only have had the pleasure with dealing with D-bores,I have had not a problem one with them yet.

Clutch has been to my place and he has told me that he doesn't really care for them but I have alot of spare D-shafts and bearings, so I guess I'll be a D-man for sometime to come.

Kenny
                    Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

If a round bore brg goes bad I lose a shaft.If a d bore bearing locks up you lose a yoke casting.
                      But everyone checks them every week Right?

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                        If you torque the nuts correctly the shaft cannot turn inside the bearing race.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I use a torque wrench that is periodically checked/calibrated…Standard lower shaft spins over a short time. What next…are you going to tell me my lifts are not level and out of adjustment? LOL

Irregardless, I’ll stick to “D”s on the bottom.

Bottom line…they last much longer for me, which is what this thread is all about.

Triac

Comment

Originally posted by AIR FORCE MECH:
                          I have only been working on AMF machines since 2001 (82/90XL) and only have had the pleasure with dealing with D-bores,I have had not a problem one with them yet.

Clutch has been to my place and he has told me that he doesn't really care for them but I have alot of spare D-shafts and bearings, so I guess I'll be a D-man for sometime to come.

Kenny
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think the "D" bore works great and have used them for years. The reason I changed to the old style is that I got a bad batch of D bore bearings that would "CLICK" after a short time. That is the reason I changed the setup.

Comment

D bore for me every time.
                            maister

Comment

I think the "D" bore works great and have used them for years. The reason I changed to the old style is that I got a bad batch of D bore bearings that would "CLICK" after a short time. That is the reason I changed the setup.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We have had the same bad batch, actually that batch had one ball bearing less(good batch had 12 small bearings; bad batch had 11 just a little bit bigger bearings) and already had a little play in it when they were new.
                              Both were Nice 8417's.
                              So it goes.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X