Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8270 SS Chassis Interlocking, Need Help Please!!!

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8270 SS Chassis Interlocking, Need Help Please!!!

Hello Everyone, Got a problem I need to pick your brains to fix... Here goes

I have a SS Chassis w/5-Board system that keeps interlocking, Have changed all 5 Boards from other chassis that are functioning properly (5 Different Sets From 5 Seperate Machines.) I have also changed the Auxilary Board out with 2 others that I've tried and it still interlocks after the 1st ball.

It always does the first cycle properly, When its sweeping the pins off on 2nd ball it interlocks with the table coming down when the sweep is on its way back to the front of the machine.

I have 2 chassis using the Omega-Tek single board chassis W/O pindication. So I exhanged one of the singles into the problem chassis and it still fouls up, I have checked the contactors, both table and sweep and they are aligned, and cleaned with no problem of contacting.

Sometimes it will go an hour, sometimes only a handful of times before it fouls up again, But as the night progresses it gets worse so I believe as it chassis warms up it makes it worse.

Any suggestions and solutions are very much appreciated!! Thanks guys.

Chappy

Re: 8270 SS Chassis Interlocking, Need Help Please!!!

Have you check the brushes in the table & sweep motors? I had a problem like you are having and found the the brushes were worn and allowing the sweep to drift.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I was ever was. http://www.bowltech.com/forums/impor...2012/smile.gif

Comment

interlocking is usually caused by sweep drift. i dont know if you've actually seen the machine interlock that way, or just the way you see it at the end. most interlocks happen on 1st ball, when the sweep creeps evough to activate the SC. Then after time delay, both sweep and table take off for pit at same time. i realize you mentioned some of these. but ill list most.

check chassis contactors
      chassis C1 plug for bad pins
      weak capacitor in the wire way (just change both)
      one of the sweep cam switches is bad or needs adj/aligned.

if it gets worse as the night goes on id guess the bottom of the sweep contactors, a week capacitor, or a running hotter than normal motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Chappy8270:
        When its sweeping the pins off on 2nd ball it interlocks with the table coming down when the sweep is on its way back to the front of the machine.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">if its actually happening that way id say the SB cam needs adjusted/aligned or switch replaced. as the table should not run on 2nd ball, until the sweep is coming out of the pit, and SB Lever goes back in. Or a touchy SA cam, causing sweep to stop out of pit early, but then you would have probs elsewhere too.

Comment

I'd say check &amp; adjust cams &amp; levers. Maybe one of the micros are bad. Also, so far you have kept that chassis on that lane but swapped out the boards for known working ones. I would now take the chassis itself off and swap it with a different lane that isn't having problems to see if the problem follows.

Charley
          Charley
          82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
          2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

i agree with a lot of the above.Try good chassis first.Then check cams. Check in wireway and cam switches for anything fallen in and vibrating and making contact across two tags. I think, like FARLEY AMF above , cams are most likely, weak spring or bad switch or bad ground.
            maister

Comment

If you have UNIMAX switches on the cams, pitch 'em &amp; use genuine Microswitch types!
              I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I agree with Charlie
                also checkk and see if the plug is making good conact, a bad plug into the chasis could send a signal if it is broken on thi inside or cracked.

Comment

Hey Guys, Ended up being lower contactors on the sweep's side because it was dragging forward after a set of pins, kinda figured it out with your help, thanks a lot..

Chappy

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X