Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amf 4400

What does an amf 4400 look like. Heard stories but like to see one. any one have pictures????

Re: amf 4400

It is an early 82/30.

Comment

had toggles through the pinwheel. the pinwheel was closed, no hole in the middle (have fun getting a cushion out). electro-mechanical chassis, which actually had sweep/table style cams in it, vertical ball lift. the next model 5850 had little nicer chassis, and i believe open pinwheel, then the 6525, then some beast called the '70

Comment

58/50's had a closed wheel and a third carpet roller that directed the ball to the door. It had four SA levers and a dist. that used a drop pin and track stops to feed the cups.
        My favorite 82/30 was the 6525 with the chassis mounted over the BE motor. The respot cells and the K&L wiring were the only things that a newbie had trouble with. And sweep carriage. And ball lift replacement. And broken dist. tracks. And ball doors.
        "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
        Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

If you can get access to an 82-30 manual there should be a picture of a 4400 in it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Astro Starshield:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope that pinspotter was off, or that chick got mangled!
              * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Astro Starshield:
                  I hope that pinspotter was off, or that chick got mangled!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">One would assume so. But still...that's not a good place to be. I hope she made sure they pulled the plugs on the motors just to be on the safe side. I wonder if that woman is still living? I'll bet she has a good story to tell!

Did you also notice the incandescent lighting fixtures? Yikes!

Comment

That's one HELL of a sweep! Looks like it would stop a dumptruck if it had to! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                    Charley
                    82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
                    2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

the safety nazi's werent in full force when that pic was taken. im sure they just had the 3 switches turned off and was healthy as an ox, til she tried that pic under the tater masher

Comment

That reminds me...I recall seeing an OLD Jimmy Stewart movie on TV where one scene was in a bowling alley. I clearly remember seeing those old sweeps. Does anyone recall the name of the movie?

Comment

I hate to be the party pooper butt [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                          does anybody know what model astro &amp; coors posted.
                          it's not a 4400! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] sorry!
                          if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Originally posted by amfpinboy:
                            58/50's had a closed wheel and a third carpet roller that directed the ball to the door. It had four SA levers and a dist. that used a drop pin and track stops to feed the cups.
                            My favorite 82/30 was the 6525 with the chassis mounted over the BE motor. The respot cells and the K&amp;L wiring were the only things that a newbie had trouble with. And sweep carriage. And ball lift replacement. And broken dist. tracks. And ball doors.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">........................................... ....
                            gee I must be losing it! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] 58-50 with four sa levers [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] that's a new one on me!
                            oh what have I been doing all these years [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                            if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Originally posted by the old dirt man:
                              does anybody know what model astro &amp; coors posted.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">is it a 3900 then?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X