Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's best?

We have the opertunity to purchase two complete 70's with omega-tek and expanders for around £5000. This would be so we could save money on parts and also have the luxury of having complete spare assemblies ready to go onto any machine.

On the other hand we are also thinking of upgrading two machines instead, to 82-70 XLi 's [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] , thus giving us two spare chassis and six motors etc.
    This at a cost of around £8000.

Which option would be better?
    If we got two machines and we needed to order parts after, onwers could turn round and say no, as we have just bought two machines! Where as if we just upgrade then this situation might not arise.
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: What's best?

Do not do the upgrade.......then you would need spare parts for 2 different kinds of motors.

Buy the complete 70's and tear them down.

I did that 3 years ago and it has saved my butt a couple times.

Comment

The 2 70's and tear them down like King says.
      That would be some spare parts kit, Just think what you would have, and the time haing all these extra bits. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Comment

Always try keeping machines the same.......
        Peanut

Comment

Go for the used 70s. Otherwise you'll have to stock parts for XLi that the 70 doesn't use.

Not to mention, having to train your guys on the subtle differences like table adjustments (steel vs. aluminum).

Like Masternut says, keep 'em the same.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by masternut:
            Always try keeping machines the same.......
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amen to that. It eliminates a lot of problems.

RR

Comment

Well said gents, I agree. Keep your machines the same, buy the 2 70's and you have all kindsa spare parts
              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Thank you for all the responses to my question. It seems that you are all in agreement that purchasing two machines is better.
                Most dissapointed as I really wanted to get the remote control unit, with the upgrade, and go into other centres and have some fun. (Tee-hee) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Two of us will be picking up the two machines with just a hire van. No lifting equipment like a crane or the likes. Any top tips on going about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair:
                  Thank you for all the responses to my question. It seems that you are all in agreement that purchasing two machines is better.
                  Most dissapointed as I really wanted to get the remote control unit, with the upgrade, and go into other centres and have some fun. (Tee-hee) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Two of us will be picking up the two machines with just a hire van. No lifting equipment like a crane or the likes. Any top tips on going about this?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rent a pallet jack....you canmove crated machines that way.

Comment

Where is the pound (fancy L) key on the keyboard? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A fork lift is the ultimate as you can take most of the machine in two big chunks. If this is not an option then you have no choice but to break it down into as big of pieces that two guys can carry.

Get yourself an electric impact and it will save a ton of time. Zip the bolts off and let them fall…sweep them all up later and put them into a box.

One tip…The wire way to the BE box can be separated enough so that the wire way and the BE box will fold in half to the front.

When I used to do this for a living we never broke the machine down any further than needed to forklift with chain, so I’ll let somebody else add their .02 £. <---- fancy L [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Triac

Comment

Alastair: so you know, the hand-held unit is not remote control. It must be plugged in to the front of the pinspotter. Might be harder than you think to pull off a gag at another center!!

Comment

Thanks BowlEquip for the hand held info. Went back and read the complete XLi thread, as had only read a few comments on it at the time.
                            (No wonder its not wireless!!)

Triac. Fancy L indeed! Thanks for the input here. Recon it will take us a day or so to do.
                            I suppose the pin wheels will have be dismantled too due to the weight factor. Good info on the recent thread on the ring weldement topic to help with this.

Though we decided that £5000 is FAR to much for 2 machines, so are searching for a cheaper alternative. (Thanks Maister [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] )

The XLi looks a great machine and it would be a total joy to have. Perhaps a little hard to justify the cost to the bosses and the moment. Masternut is correct. It is best to keep all the machines the same. Have to comment on the price. £1,100 plus expenses and VAT for installation. Christ, not bad for half a days work! But if you need any help you can call and get charged £80 per hour!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] For the product youve just bought. I bet you wouldnt find this in America!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X