Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWEEP DRIFT

I have an intermittant sweep drift problem. This only occurs every so often but it seems to build towards. (to say the sweep drifts a bit more each cycle until it interlocks.) Already replaced capacitors(twice) and went over the c1 thoroughly. Repalced sweep relay also. Sweep motor runs smooth and we have a new ss switch installed. Stator is also not the problem. The brushes on motor also seem fine. I believe the stator acts as the break so how can the gear box drift. And if it is in the gear box how can I fix that. Any suggestions appreciated. tccarson@msn.com

Re: SWEEP DRIFT

Depending on the kind of gearbox you might have to remove one ore more oil shims.
    So it goes.

Comment

swap your sweep and table gearboxs over,if the problem is still there ,try your sweep cams

Comment

Depends on your motor type, too... Nationals have a dynamic brake that kicks in for just a second when the contactor drops the power to stop the rotor magnetically, after that, it's all friction... the carbon brushes, plate, and springs need to be in good condition to hold the motor stopped. The gearbox also plays a large part... if the gearbox is too 'loose', it will overcome the holding capability of the brushes in the motor and will drift.

Make sure all the connections are correct and the lower contact pads on the S-Cont are in good shape. The lower contacts are your braking contacts.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

I will also suggest ya check the condition of the C-1 block and pins if you have a weak or burnt pin or a cracked block that could also be the culpit of sweep drifting!! swap chassis see if the problem follows. The motor and gear box do not always cause drifting or coasting...
          DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

I second what has been said and also check your caps. under the wire way, sometimes you'll have one that is bad or going bad.
            There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

opps disregard my reply I see that you have allready checked those out. chech your contactors too they may be burt or lose conections.
              There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X