Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exit paddle

on one of my lanes i have a ball paddle that is not sweeping from side to side. Pins keep getting hung up in the ball exit. starting to be a real problem. any ideas

Re: exit paddle

If you have kickers, check all the paddle drive belts, make sure they're all in good shape and not slipping. Also check the shock, make sure it's not loose and flimsy.
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Also check paddle and make sure it is not on rudder shaft too far and binding on rear filler pad.

Comment

Bad shock, Paddle to far forward or to far back, And also check the drive pulley. Where the shock mounts to the pulley. There is a adjustment for travel length. If the bolts are loose,then the paddle will not travel correctly.
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Thought of one more thing. If you have PBL's check behind your rudder drive pulley. Behind that pulley is a bolt which tightens the plow. If the bolt is loose it can bind pulley.

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch Plate:
            make sure it is not...binding on rear filler pad.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ill second that notion. perhaps the rear filler plate screw(s) have loosened allowing paddle to touch and wedge against it. could be the paddle is not moving back and forth straight. need to slide rear brackets of paddle, or shim with washers to get the propper "up down left right" for it

Comment

It'd help if we knew what type paddle drive. You running kickers ?? PBL's ?? Humpbacks ??

Comment

we have kicker system

Comment

Does the paddle go completly from side to side freely pryor to the pin problem ? Are the pins getting stuck between filler plates ? ( where the paddle arm go's thru) Or up by the starter pad ??
                  Have you tryed changing the shock ??

Disconnect the shock and see if it swings both ways freely. Make sure it's not hitting the filler plate's or the starter pad. Paddle should be centered inside of the exit.
                  Adjust the drive pully so you have maximum travel.
                  Check the shock to see if it is good.

Comment

also make sure the bumpers in the rear filler that the kicker bodies rest on are both there-if one or both are missing the kicker will sit too far forward and the paddle will get caught underneath it. loose filler plate screws will also cause this to happen.

Comment

we had this on 1 pair of lanes. we found the shock was past its life and with no spares we used a spring to pull it to the side it would travel to. maybe worth a shot for temp use.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X