Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/70 table

I have a machine that the table seems to drop faster than the rest when setting a full rack. It sets the pins ok, but it drops down so fast that the pins wobble arround when the hit the floor. What do I adjust to slow this down a bit?
    Acta non verba.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Plunke...71383456227142

Re: 82/70 table

The machine probably has a 14.5 gearbox on it......it is faster than the 12.1.

Comment

Check to make sure table drive ass'y is not loose on the shaft, eccentric disc is not working its way loose, or missing counter balance spring on torque tube. Either way what is happening is gravity is pulling more than the controlled drop normally provided by the machine (when all components are in order and working properly.)
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Btlr

Put that motor on the sweep. It wont affect the sweep like it will the table. If it is a faster gearbox. Or it could be worn splines or any of the above mentioned items Kat suggests.
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

I would also check the table springs themselves. Over time they will lose thier original length and stretch, causing a weaker resistance to the the table as it drops.
          Possibly 1 or both spring mounts could be worn also.
          It's been awhile but I have much more to share!!!

Comment

One word of warning... If you're going to mix gearboxes, be cautions putting faster ones on the table and slower ones on the sweep... We had problems with ours doing that... the table can run down faster than the sweep can get out of the way, and it interlocks (or in the case of a spotting cycle, rips the pins out of the 1-3-2 and flings them up the lane).

Fast of the sweep and slow on the table is nice... sweep cruises through and clears the table with plenty of time to spare. The only thing I had to do was slightly advance the sweep cam so it would stop neatly... with a fast gearbox on it, it has a tendency to "jump" if it stops right as the sweep knuckles are locking up to lift it out of the way at 270.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

We have plenty of fast gearboxes where I am. All on the sweeps or both on most machines with them. Put a slow sweep with a fast table and you're asking for interlocks. Keep your cams adjusted so the sweep doesn't hit the head pin on the way back and a fast sweep slow table will be just fine [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

we have had a couple of tables do this. fine one day not the next. all ive done is swapped the mtrs over, but is this really solving the problem or just avoiding it until it rears its ugly head again?

Comment

Also, if the motor has been changed lately, look at the nameplate and make sure it's not a 50hz only head.
                  This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Try this: from the front, operate the table with TA1, release it when the table is half way down. Does it coast on down to 180? If so, and you do not have an electrical braking problem, then I would suspect your gearbox is weak. This can cause the speed-up by the weight of the table forcing the motor.

Comment

sounds like 14.5 gearbox. I keep a couple of those gearboxs on hand for discution pieces. Man they can realy move.
                      They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X