Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep trips wall breaker

Odd one here. I have a machine (82-70 omega tek w/ expander). Whenever u try to run the sweep, the wall breaker pops. Heres what I've done so far.

1. Changed out sweep motor with motor from another machine (known good motor)
    2. Changed chassis w/ known good chassis
    3. Changed out sweep caps csm1 and 2 in channel
    4. Pulled apart and thoroughly inspected sweep motor plug and harness from beginning to end
    5. Checked all wiring in front end wireway
    6. Replaced sweep run toggle switch.
    7. Checked c1 and c-2a plugs (both fine)
    8. Checked to make sure I still had SOME hair left.
    9. Checked Russell-Stoll plug and receptacle (Both fine)

Am I missing anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It surely doesn't help that I can't think too well, trying to get over this god awful pneumonia/bronchitis/flu I've been fighting. Thanks for your help!
    Bob

Re: Sweep trips wall breaker

Sweep reverse switch ?

Comment

I didnt replace it but I did check it and its wiring. Think it may be that?

Comment

1. Caps could be mislabeled...I have seen this myself.
        2. Sweep reverse switch could be shorted.
        3. Gearbox locked up?

Comment

Well, sounds like thats the only thing I havent done. Hopefully thats it.

Comment

Nope, gearbox is smooth. When i plug the table plug into the sweep motor, the sweep runs smooth.

Comment

Check the wires coming out of the sweep motor cable in the wireway....I have seen these get brittle and lose the insulation....maybe your short is there.

Comment

Yeah King. That was one of the things I did. Actually, these wires are quite flexible and look almost new. I was quite surprised. Anyway, I doubt that's it. BUT, if I don't find anything else causing it, I may just change out the whole harness anyway.

Comment

Take a multimeter and check if any of the plug terminals go to ground.....that will tell you which wire is shorted immediately.

Comment

Did you check your hook-up for rev sweep in the wire channel. The rev sweep for the expander board. Maybe someone did something without telling you. Also check by the clamp, maybe a wire rubbing by the screws. Does it pop the breaker at startup?

Comment

Yep LK, I did check that, thinking one of the wires may have come apart and grounded out. They're secure. Breaker does not pop when machine is turned on. You can do everything. Run the table. Run the pit. You can even take the table motor plug and put it in the sweep motor plug and run the sweep that way. As soon as you run the sweep, either by cycle or by the sweep run switch, POP.

Comment

bg did you move the chassis to another machine the problem might be in the chassis otherwise if all above fails move the cb on the cotrol box to the next machine or replace the sweep on/off switch in the rear control panel also ck the round transisters on the side of the capacitor holder make sure the top and bottom are not touching each other touching each other they would be on your left if you are on top of the machine facing the masking unit. also make sure a screw or metal object hasnt fallen in the terminal strips in the wire ways under the chassis and shorting out the sweep circuit good luck.let us know what ya found..
                        DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

[the sweep on/off switch in the rear control panel] = 24V OEM = no bomb

Does the breaker trip if the motor plug is not connected to the motor?
                          So it goes.

Comment

you cannot rule anything out!!!!!!!!!
                            DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Lampie, you mean energize the sweep but keep the plug out of the motor, correct? I have not done that. If the problem goes away keeping the plug out, what should I look for then, knowing the motor is a good motor?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X