Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBA this mornin

what was up with the 8 hour time delay on the pinsetters? made those poor 70's look like an A. also when the 10 got knocked over, chaser knocked all the pins over without droppin the sweep. deduct a point.

guess im just bein fussy today.

Re: PBA this mornin

I didn't know one of my pinchasers got a PBA job LOL!
    Charley
    82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
    2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

I always drop the sweep when respoting pins this prevents pins rolling out on the lane and wasting more time.I also train my pinchasers to do this as well... I used to train em to respot pins with the table til someone got their fingers sliced open not holding the shuttle properly.no coors your not being fussy either.
      DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

How do you spot pins with the table?

Comment

drop pins needed to be respoted thru the shuttle and in the spotting cups put the machine in 2nd cycle hit cycle hold shuttle but hold the shuttle
          with palm of hand under shuttle and fingers folded down to where if you lose grip ya dont slice your fingers.Put machine back in 2nd cycle after ya respotted the needed pins... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
          DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

I always hold the shuttle with my thumbs pressed against the bins so as not to ever cut my fingers. Fingers over top the shuttle and thumbs bent against the bins to keep from moving the shuttle. This way also requires no strenghth just the slight pressure on your thumbs.

Comment

The center that held the tournament had Quibica scorers and the machines score through the scorer which the pba disables for the tv show. The mechanic was cycling the machines that is why they had to set up the ten pin that one time. If any of you recorded the show you can see where the machines would switch from 1st to 2nd ball out of the blue.I also agree that the shuttle is the only way to respot pins. It just looks more better.
              They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

I do it thru the shuttle sometimes (palm down as mentioned in case you slip, just let it go forward and spot all 10 injury free). Or usually I cycle it twice, empty then bins, throw in what I need and hit the bin switch then step to 2nd ball. And yes they did look like A's on the show lol Cant believe there wasn't 95 deadwood calls with Robert Smith throwing [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I do it exactly the same as Kneedeep, one handed.

Frank.
                  always doing my best.

Comment

On multi-pin spares I use the shuttle technique, for singles I pretty darn good with the fork!(the head pin is a l-o-n-g ways out there!)
                    During my prime leagues I don't use the sweep because they know better, but during the 'I'm drinking first, bowling sometime' leagues, I use the sweep down.
                    At a PBA event, do you really think he needed the sweep in a championship type setting? The old 'knock the rack respot' looked really tacky.
                    It's been awhile but I have much more to share!!!

Comment

maybe i'm old-fashioned but i always respot pins with the pinfork then MAKE THE MACHINE FINISH THE RESPOT CYCLE so if there is an obvious problem you can catch it right there and not have a call on it later.

Comment

Now why would the PBA need to disable scoring? i realize they put their own speed deals out there, do they bring their own scorers or somethin for the fancy scoreboard? and yes i did notice the 1st/2nd ball lights dancin, i just assumed it was a weird Q masking unit thing.

as far as respotting, depends on if i feel like climbing on machine. i do the "shuttle hold" most times, but then if its a single pin, i can usually hit "cycle" and knock down the remaining 9 before table takes off. (yes i know i can turn off Table)

Comment

Originally posted by Coors:
                          Now why would the PBA need to disable scoring? i realize they put their own speed deals out there, do they bring their own scorers or somethin for the fancy scoreboard? and yes i did notice the 1st/2nd ball lights dancin, i just assumed it was a weird Q masking unit thing.

as far as respotting, depends on if i feel like climbing on machine. i do the "shuttle hold" most times, but then if its a single pin, i can usually hit "cycle" and knock down the remaining 9 before table takes off. (yes i know i can turn off Table)
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They take the camera off to install the cats system.

Comment

Originally posted by KLH@barksbowl:
                            drop pins needed to be respoted thru the shuttle and in the spotting cups put the machine in 2nd cycle hit cycle hold shuttle but hold the shuttle
                            with palm of hand under shuttle and fingers folded down to where if you lose grip ya dont slice your fingers.Put machine back in 2nd cycle after ya respotted the needed pins... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I used to use a spring puller to hold the shuttle...that way if the shuttle moved, it didn't take my fingers with it.

Comment

I stick the head of a pin between the shuttle and the bin so my hand can't get hurt.

Wang

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X