TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contactors

I've got the newer contactors that are made from GE model # RL4R 22E, does anyone know where I can get some replacment contacts? They suposedly have them out there.
    There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Re: contactors

Replace them with Bowltronics SS units.

Comment

got to love triac solid state contactors, really funny when they fail!

we use modern contactors and replace them when they wear out!

we dont have any chassies in the company that have the old fasioned contactors, we use the alled bradley and siemens contactors from RS
      Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
        Replace them with Bowltronics SS units.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed. Same price as the allen bradleys, no moving parts, install and uninstall with fastons. A superior products, and they come with a warranty.
        My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

I've seen those SS contactors, those will be the next ones I buy when the orignals burn out. I just recently bought these ones (3-4 months ago) and was just curious to see if anyone had some input.

Comment

Jez, what happens when the go "boom"/fail.

Comment

I HAVE INSTALLED ABOUT 75 CHASSIE WORTH OF THE CONTACTORS WITH THE SS STYLE FROM BOWL-TRONICS. BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. YOU CAN ALSO GET THEM WHERE YOU CAN MOUNT RUN BUTTONS ON THE SIDE OF THE CHASSIES. YOU WILL HAVE NO MORE CONTACT STICKING CAUSING MOTOR COAST. THE ONLY THING IS IF YOU GO TO WORK ON ANY OF THE MOTOR CIRCUITS BE SURE TO UNPLUG THE POWER CORD OF THE MACHINE TO PREVENT ANY SHORTING OF THE CIRCUIT. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE SEEN WITH THEM HAS BEEN CAUSED BY HUMAN ERRORS.PLUS LIKE SOMEONE SAID ABOVE YOU CAN EASILY CHANGE THEM IF YOU NEED TO. THEY PLUG ONTO THE BOARDS WITH FEMALE SPADE TERMINALS. I SUGGEST THEM TO ANY HOUSE I DO SERVICE WORK AT.PRICE WISE YOU CAN REPLACE TWO OF THEM FOR WHAT THREE SETS OF THE OLD CONTACTS COST.

Comment

I have been replacing original contactors with the complete unit from Grainger for $55, Part #3EA15. One thing I like about them is that they have an extra set of NO contacts that I add in a jumper to spread the current across three contacts instead of two.

I’m thinking of ordering the SS from Bowltronics. Even if you don’t know how to test a triac, they only cost a buck to replace. I will have to see what safety features are built in before I install one. Hopefully there is only one triac that is controlled for both upper and lowers because:

I play around with a lot of experimental circuits and have found that when a triac goes bad, it usually doesn’t go bang, they just open or short internally. The latter is my biggest concern. Because if the triac (or logical driver) that replaces the lower contact shorts (on always) and the triac (or logical driver) that replaces the upper contacts is called upon (by the chassis) the capacitors in the wire way will go kablooie!!!

Triac

Comment

Triac....I have not lost 1 cap. in over 4 years of service.....I have had both caps replaced in all chassis for over 2 years.

Comment

King

Why would you be replacing caps in all your chassi's when they are bypassed through your Omega TEK board?

Comment

Thanks King. Have you ever blown a capacitor in the wire way with the SS installed?

I haven’t had one blow in 8 years with mechanical relays, so I’m just a little skeptical.

I understand the reliability of a well designed solid state circuit. Just concerned with any safety features that might be built in.

I am seriously thinking of trying them if they can convince me that the triac(s) can’t be fired simultaneously.

Comment

No sir. Not with the SS.

Comment

from table head:

"Jez, what happens when the go "boom"/fail. "

you slap the spare chassis on and put another contactor in to replace the one that failed, we have a good source of inexpensive reliable contactors.

itsstill fairly rare for them to fail, i might change one every 6-8 weeks and we do very very high lineage

Comment

once you add import duty and shipping, stuff from the states gets expensive, we also run 240v 50hz and not all the solid state stuff is rated for it

Comment

Just for clarification , Allen Bradley also made/makes an enclosed style replacement contactor kit. Sometimes folks just hear allen bradley and think open contacts. I have about eight of the enclosed ABs laying around.....
                              The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                              I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                              Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                              Working...
                              X