Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-70 CHASSIS PROBLEM

i have a chassis with mk-70's that keeps tripping the master cb on the mechanics control panel. table contacts chatter then the cb trips.
    i have checked the following:
    c1
    c2a
    looked for shorts
    unhooked sweep and table contactors
    m and m2 relays

if i pull the f1 fuse or the m2 relay the cb will not trip

any ideas ??????
    thanks
    jim k.
    jim k.

Re: 82-70 CHASSIS PROBLEM

I mentioned this fix in another thread (a fix I found in an old thread here). Since you have MK-70's the 3 capacitors in the chassis itself are bypassed but a bad diode underneath can still cause this problem. Clip the diode under CP3 in the chassis and toss it. I was rebuilding old chassis over the summer that haven't worked since I started there almost 7 years ago. One of our bad ones was blowing the low voltage breaker on the control panel and this fixed it. I believe CP3 is the one closest to the front of the chassis but look to be sure, they're labeled on the bottom of the chassis. Keep us posted!
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

just so everybodys knows if this happens to you, this is how i fixed my problem. i changed the diode under the spot relay and that solved my problem 100% was a 1n2069 replaced with a 1n1404.

just thought you would like to know

thanks
      jim
      jim k.

Comment

The KX relay can cause the breaker on the back of the machine to trip - usually slowly. The diodes can be replaced with just about any common rectifier like the 1N4004 or so - cheap at radio shack. Also, sometimes a diode will check "good" on a multimeter, but will actually be leaky & will cause problems, so when in doubt replace it. Look for a short in one of the 3 power diodes & also from the heatsink to ground (screw, nut, etc). Even after all that you may have a bad T1.

Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...
        Working...
        X