TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-70 CHASSIS PROBLEM

i have a chassis with mk-70's that keeps tripping the master cb on the mechanics control panel. table contacts chatter then the cb trips.
    i have checked the following:
    c1
    c2a
    looked for shorts
    unhooked sweep and table contactors
    m and m2 relays

if i pull the f1 fuse or the m2 relay the cb will not trip

any ideas ??????
    thanks
    jim k.
    jim k.

Re: 82-70 CHASSIS PROBLEM

I mentioned this fix in another thread (a fix I found in an old thread here). Since you have MK-70's the 3 capacitors in the chassis itself are bypassed but a bad diode underneath can still cause this problem. Clip the diode under CP3 in the chassis and toss it. I was rebuilding old chassis over the summer that haven't worked since I started there almost 7 years ago. One of our bad ones was blowing the low voltage breaker on the control panel and this fixed it. I believe CP3 is the one closest to the front of the chassis but look to be sure, they're labeled on the bottom of the chassis. Keep us posted!
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

just so everybodys knows if this happens to you, this is how i fixed my problem. i changed the diode under the spot relay and that solved my problem 100% was a 1n2069 replaced with a 1n1404.

just thought you would like to know

thanks
      jim
      jim k.

Comment

The KX relay can cause the breaker on the back of the machine to trip - usually slowly. The diodes can be replaced with just about any common rectifier like the 1N4004 or so - cheap at radio shack. Also, sometimes a diode will check "good" on a multimeter, but will actually be leaky & will cause problems, so when in doubt replace it. Look for a short in one of the 3 power diodes & also from the heatsink to ground (screw, nut, etc). Even after all that you may have a bad T1.

Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
        I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
        Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
        Working...
        X