Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you seen this before

ok guys new one for me. i get daring once in a while and when i have a bad gearbox i tear it apart and try to fix it. well i had an original backend gearbox, i belive it was national, snap the key way on the bronze gear on the u-bolt shaft that drives the distributor. i cant believe the distributor can snap that key way like that has anyone else ever seen this before. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    When in doubt check at bowl-tech
    When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Re: have you seen this before

yep had a few of them break in the 14 yrs ive been doing this job!!!
    DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

how does this happen because the distributor shaft should have i just dont understand.
      could i have prevented it??
      When in doubt check at bowl-tech
      When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Comment

Originally posted by mjs:
        I can't believe the distributor can snap that key way like that has anyone else ever seen this before. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I Can't Believe a table shaft could ever break. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

30 plus years and haven;t seen this on a Westinghouse.

Run it out of oil and you and you loose the pin wheel gear.

"How does this happen because the distributor shaft should have I just dont understand.
        Could I have prevented it?"

I Assume A Pin Got Caught Between The Distributor and The Dist. U-Clamp...//Motor May Keep Running Before Over Heat(Thermal Protection) Kicks In.

Kidney Adjustments And Pan Adjustments Might Be Desired....Or A Quicker Pin Chaser [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

if you have the old big bodied motors and the distibutor drive is connected , not in the u housing , but straight to the distributor drive shaft, then yes any movement up or down and the shaft jams under the stator and it breaks off the shaft.I know two mechanics who have lost part of their fingers there.
          maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...
          Working...
          X