Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling table problem

I found two bad end fittings on table rods.
    It was the front one on both rods. When I changed them I could not get table level from right to left.
    The ten side is lower and I want to know the right fix. My thought was to add c-washer under table leg on 7 side. I did check other end fittings and for cracked table leg.

THANKS

BAMM

Re: Leveling table problem

How much lower ??
    Are you sure that the whole machine dont sit lower on that side ?
    Check you dont have a bent table arm, busted pillow block, worn shaft that go's into pillow block, or any of the nuts are loose on the legs. If everything checks out. Throw a couple sims under it.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

The c washer fix is ok if you have adjusted the table rods and cannot get it level.

Comment

You put the C washers on the high side to push the table down.Sometimes this occurs after a resurface, if it was never properly level at time of install or kickback has been replaced.
        The first check is, that the height from the lane to the bottom of the frame at the four support brackets should be 19 1/8 inches.cut a piece of 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch plywood 19 1/8 inch top to bottom, long enough that it rests on the lane and check the height under each stud on the unistrut.Adjust up or down as required on each one and then spot the table to see if shimming is required.if only one c washer is required to level it, you will probably find it will work ok without it.there is a lot of tolerance and the weight of the table coming down with pins , one washer is not going to make a lot of difference.The long table rods must be balanced before you try adjusting front to back levelness and to do this, loosen them off so the rear of the table rests on the pindeck and rotate both rods at the same time to level front to back.if a table has not been levelled correctly you will find one rod is hard to turn and the other may turn easily. this is an indication that one side of the table is twisting as it moves up and down.
        i hope this is of interest to you , perhaps not all required this time but maybe in the future.
        maister

Comment

Good post Maister.
          One addition; the book says take the big table springs off when leveling the table, I say...don't do that!
          So it goes.

Comment

Thanks Maister

I didnt even think to put down the process to check the table level. Some times I forget some here are new mechanics. My post's should prob. be a little more detailed.
            Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Originally posted by Lampie:
              Good post Maister.
              One addition; the book says take the big table springs off when leveling the table, I say...don't do that!
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">excellent point Lampie, you will wonder why the pins dont make it to the deck if you do all that without springs....
              The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Nice one Lampie.
                Maister.
                i agree don,t take off the springs.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X